Where to find cheaper Diatomaceous Earth?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by LiberalCountryBoy, Jun 6, 2005.

1. LiberalCountryBoy

LiberalCountryBoy Well-Known Member

I need more Diatomaceous Earth. I googled it and with shipping I'm looking at $90.oo for fifty pounds! Holy freakin cow! Half the cost is shipping.
    Does anyone know where I can get it cheaper - Please

2. egads1

egads1 Member

Try a local pool store. I use DE in our pool filter. I get a 25lb bag for $20-$30, something like that.

3. deb

deb Well-Known Member

Skip the pool grade if you are using the DE on your animals or adding it to their feed. Also watch out for the DE sold at garden supply stores because it often contains pesticides.

I have gotten my food grade DE from Canada. Yup, Canada! The price was great! I still saved a lot of $$ even after paying to have the 50lbs of DE shipped to me in WI

http://www.starlakebeef.com/

The folks at Star Lake Beef are very nice, too.

Deb
    in wi

4. Wendy

Wendy Well-Known Member

Someone on the Barter Board is selling it also.

5. Steph in MT

Steph in MT Well-Known Member

6. goatsnstuff

goatsnstuff New Member

Check out Morgan County Seeds in Barnett,MO. 1-573-378-2655 I have gotten my D E for my goats from them. The last that I ordered ran in the neighborhood of $40 for a 50# bag, including shipping. They have treated me very honestly in my dealings with them and I plan on continuing to do business with them.

7. Vera

Vera Well-Known Member

I bought mine at the local feedstore where I get all my feed. I think it was $23 for 50lbs. No confusion about food grade there, since it's a feedstore :)

You could ask around at the feedstores in your area, and if they don't carry it, see if they can order it for you at a decent price.

8. Ole Man Legrand

Ole Man Legrand Well-Known Member

Try WWW.sevenspringsfarm.com 50lbs for $23. I don,t know aboout shipping. It is located in Check Va. 24072 Tele Ph . no 540-651-3228

9. woolyfluff

woolyfluff Well-Known Member

Her is a WEB SITE that maybe helpful www.fertrell.com check on dealers you will find in Tulsa OK at the Earthly Good Farm&Garden store Phone No. is 918 583 1990 this should help you out

10. paden

paden Well-Known Member

Take a vacation to North Central Montana this summer. You can probably scoop up all that you will ever want. Just search around and you will find some.