where to find a pekingese?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by farmerscotty, Apr 19, 2006.

1. farmerscotty

farmerscotty Well-Known Member

Ok my best buddy died on Saturday, we were together all of 2.5 years everyday 24/7 except probably 14 days total. I am on a farm and took the little guy with me everywhere. He rode in tractor cab, truck, etc. Now I am lost, my mom is real sick and he was my companion. I don't know where to look to find another pekingese or peekapoo other than petfinder.com that is no help. 47 year old male should not be attached to a dog this way..... But I was, he kept me from having to take blood pressure medicine. Anyone got any ideas.... I don't have the funds to buy a 300 dollar pup. Ugh!

Any ideas welcome!

farmerscotty in Missouri

2. hisenthlay

hisenthlay a.k.a. hyzenthlay

My first step would be to type pekingese rescue into google and see if you find any hits for your state. There's rescue for almost every other breed, bet there's one for those, too. And keep checking petfinder--even if they don't have any now, they may eventually. Also, one thing I learned with petfinder--people who run shelters are mostly terrible at identifying a breed. So look at all the small dogs in your area, and see if one looks like a pekingese or peekapoo to you--it may be labled shihtzu, or terrier mix, or anything--the shelter people really have no idea most of the time.

good luck. I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.

3. NCGirl

NCGirl Well-Known Member

Sorry for the loss of your dog and companion. Check with local breeders perhaps they have a young dog that isn't working out for breeding but would make a great pet.

4. fricknfarm

fricknfarm Well-Known Member