Where to buy trees ?

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by fitwind, Dec 11, 2006.

1. fitwind

fitwind Well-Known Member

I was trying to find the best buying source for pine trees. I bought my fruit trees from Stark Bros. and they we're great. I have ordered trees from another company and they we're the worst. Do you have you any suggestions?

2. RoseGarden

RoseGarden Well-Known Member

Does your state have a forestry service that sells pine trees? If you don't mind small tree seedlings, it may be the way to go. I just ordered some from the Texas Forest Service, 50 hardwood trees for $25, for one year old seedlings. You may try googling your state's information, or your local ag extension agent, they may be able to direct you to a good source. Other than that, I can't recommend mail-order sources.

3. Show-Me-Stater

Show-Me-Stater Well-Known Member

Yep, buy them from the MO dept of conservation. Cheap with a capital C, most bundles of 25 range in price from $4-$8 or so. I've planted many of their bundles and have had excellent results. You will be surprised at how small the plants are when they arrive, but they settle in and take off in no time flat. Plus, they're grown locally and are well-adapted to our region.

4. danb98577

danb98577 Well-Known Member

Look up an outfit called Musser Forests or Forest. They are located in Pennsylvania and have been around many years-varities of trees I have never seen before-well worth your time to find them. They are located in Indiana, Pennsylvania as I remember.

5. Randy Rooster

Randy Rooster Well-Known Member Supporter

The virginia department of forestry will sell you trees even if you are out of state. Im not sure if North Carolina will or not. I live in NC and bought trees from both.