where to buy SS milk pail?

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by backwoods, Apr 24, 2005.

1. backwoods

backwoods Well-Known Member

Middle TN, Where the Hilltops Kiss the Sky
    Where can I get the best price on a good quality seamless stainless steel milk pail that holds 3 gallons?

2. AnnB

AnnB Member

Orschelin Farm and Home has some really nice ones -- but they're not being sold as milk pails.
    These very nice stainless steel, seamless buckets are being sold as "pet feeding pails" and are found on the shelf alongside the dog bowls. I paid $23 for a 16 quart pail.

Ann B

3. Patty0315

Patty0315 Well-Known Member

I bought some stainless steel stock pots on clearence 10.00 for 3 I think and use them.

4. Don Armstrong

Don Armstrong In Remembrance

The stock pots are an interesting idea, but they wouldn't balance as well as buckets which are deeper for their width, and have proper attachments for handles.

Whatever else you do, if you're in a farming area ask at your local hardware store and feed store. Even if they don't actively stock them any more, they may well have old stock that just hasn't sold for a decade or two, or know who would. If it happens to be an old tinned bucket rather than stainless steel that will do fine too.

Watch clearance sales for farms going out of business / retiring as well.

5. lizmont2000

lizmont2000 Active Member

I found a SS "ice bucket" at Target. It holds 1 1/2 gal, but is enough for 1 goat.
    The best part was it only cost 9.00 because it is an ice bucket instead of a milking pail!

hth,
    Liz
    www.luckylizardranch.com

6. Carol K

Carol K Well-Known Member

Do a Google search for kennel Equipment or Veterinary Suppliers, that's what I did. If I could remember the name I'd tell you, but sorry I forget which one I used. But the pail was much cheaper. I believe it was a Kennel Supplier and they are used as Water Buckets for the dogs, some have a flat back for hanging on fences, so watch what you buy, not that one of those wouldn't work but it may not sit well.

Carol K

7. beeman97

beeman97 Well-Known Member

8. darbyfamily

darbyfamily Well-Known Member

http://www.gundogsupply.com/stst6qtbu.html

that one is a 6qt for 6.95!!! great price..they may have bigger...

try a 'froogle' search...its the same as google, but above the bar where you type your search, there is a word that says "froogle" that is a shopping for the best price search...click froogle, then search, then at the left of the screen click low to high, for the lowest price first.

also found a 9quart for $16.00... here...http://www.upco.com/cgi-bin/Upcol.storefront/426f455e002cf87cea6ec0a80aa5070b/Product/View/23947