Where to buy earings?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by longshadowfarms, Nov 2, 2005.

1. longshadowfarms

longshadowfarms Well-Known Member

Ok, so I'm really letting on what kind of a hick I am but I have NO CLUE where to go to find the kind of earing I want. I lost one of my favorite earings that has a pretty large guage post. I had my ears pierced by my Dr a few years ago after the earlier holes were just not big enough but I wanted them to go through the same holes I already had. The earing I lost was one of those piercers - just a simple gold round piece but I wear them all the time to keep the holes open. If I leave them out for a week or so, the holes are really tight when I try to put them back in so I'd like to find something with a similarly large post. DD had hers done at Walmart about 6 mo ago but the posts on those piercers were really tiny. Anyone have any thoughts as to where to look? I'm not even sure where to buy earings period! We have Walmart, JC Penneys, a good jewelry store and I can get to a mall if I must. I've seen some places in the mall that do piercing and have earings but I've never stopped to look at them. One pair of earings suites me fine for 360 days of the year.

P.S. the main reason I wanted to keep the larger holes is for the pair of black pearl earings that I like to wear the other 5 days a year ;)

2. suzyhomemaker09

suzyhomemaker09 Well-Known Member

Have you tried looking in the local..forgive the phrasing..head shop? You know those poster , tobacco , t-shirt type places. Most around here carry body jewelry which had a variety of post sizes..even the local Wallyworld has a small body jewelry selection.

3. dustyrose

dustyrose Well-Known Member

tattoo shops that do body piercing :rock:

4. comfortablynumb

comfortablynumb Well-Known Member

a short piece of a coffee stir-straw is about that big... use a 1" piece to hold it open..

now theres a hick-cure for ya!!

5. Jen H

Jen H Well-Known Member

Do you have an independant jewelry shop around you? If they don't carry the size post you need, they can make it - for the same money you'd spend at a mall jewelry store.

6. longshadowfarms

longshadowfarms Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the ideas! I'll have to check with DH but I'm pretty sure we have some of those piercing/tattoo places in a small city not too far away. That would have never occurred to me! LOL! I am also pretty sure the one really good jewelry store will also make stuff. That said, my next door neighbor used to repair watches and repair jewelry. He may have some ideas! Lots of ideas for solutions! I can always use the coffee straw to hold until I figure it out. Thanks, CN!