Where to buy Diatomaceous Earth

Discussion in 'Goats' started by mailman, Apr 2, 2005.

1. mailman

mailman Miniature Cattle

Does anyone know of an online source for purchasing Diatomaceous Earth? Hoeggers has it but it is alittle expensive and the shipping is even more expensive. I can order it through a local hardware store but it is the wrong kind. I need the type that is not for swimming pools but rather the food grade or garden grade. Thank you for you help.....Dennis

2. BlessedMom

BlessedMom Well-Known Member

I get mine from Azure Standare in Dufur, OR.
    www.azurestandard.com

HTH
    Lori

3. okgoatgal2

okgoatgal2 Well-Known Member

if you are friendly with your local feed store, ask them if they can order it for you. some companies have it, but obviously won't ship unless ordered, and feed stores don't keep it on hand because so many people have no clue what it even is.

4. woolyfluff

woolyfluff Well-Known Member

we found couple places in Vt. that has he product that you are looking for L.D. Oliver Co. SunsetAve Box156 Milton Vt. phone 802 893-1241 North Cuuntry Organics Depot St. Bradford Vt. phone 802 222-4277 the company that has these product is called Fertrell We use this andother of their product we raise Icelandic sheep

5. mailman

mailman Miniature Cattle

Thank you all for your advice. I went to Milton, VT and picked up 50 lbs. yesterday. Saved alittle on shipping. Also, the Azurestandard.com has pretty inexpensive DE.
    Thanks again and happy goating....Dennis

6. oberhaslikid

oberhaslikid Well-Known Member Supporter

I get mine from Foys pigeon supply.I dont know if its cheaper but they are on the ball.They ship quick.They also sell Albon by the pint :)