Where to Buy 7" Wood Stove & Chimney Pipe for Cheapest??

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by mommykood, Feb 4, 2005.

1. mommykood

mommykood Active Member

Anyone know where to find the cheapest price on 7" Wood Stove & Chimney Pipe? I need to connect to a Kitchen Queen. I am in search of "double wall" stove pipe and "insulated" chimney pipe.

Please pass along contact information you know about! :)

Thanks SO much!! :)

Jen

2. Cabin Fever

Cabin Fever Life NRA Member since 1976 Supporter

Check out the pop-up ads that appear at the top of this page.

3. debitaber

debitaber Well-Known Member

TSC, has what you need, and they are pretty cheap, and ACE hardwares, also carry them.
    and their prices are ok, but TSC, is better, just bought the same thing, 3 days ago. TSC will order it if they have too.

4. Anataq

Anataq Well-Known Member

I noticed that you've got a Kitchen Queen, have you used it yet? Do you have the 380 or the 480? I thought that the 480 used 8" pipe, but I may be wrong. Obadiah's quoted me around $800.00 for pipe, everything I need and thats with around 24' of pipe, plus the double wall stuff above the roof and all the parts and accessories I need.

-Anataq
    www.pawcreekhomestead.com

5. mommykood

mommykood Active Member

My husband just spoke with Freeman today (the man who makes the Kitchen Queen stoves), and we are buying direct from him. We saved about $600 buying direct from him, instead of through Obidiah's, BTW. :) Anyways, he stated today that the flue for the Kitchen Queen is 7", but lots of his customers use an 8" pipe, that is connected to the 7" flue with an adapter pipe (this changes the pipe size from 7" to 8").

Our quote from Obidiah's for 7" pipe (double wall black stove pipe and insulated chimney pipe) was over $1200... Too expensive. Freeman told my hubby today on the phone that he would be willing to get the piping for us (it is sold near him), and include it with the shipping of the Kitchen Queen if we paid him for the cost of the piping... Are you buying the Kitchen Queen from Freeman? Maybe that would be an option. Freeman said that the 7" piping is best for the Kitchen Queen, but that 8" would be the next best option. The only thing would be with the 8" piping, the draft would have to be controlled more...

The 380 uses a 6" flue and piping, and the 480 uses a 7" flue and piping (can be enlarged to 8", though, according to Freeman). We ordered the 480 with reservior.

HTH! :) Any more questions?

6. Anataq

Anataq Well-Known Member

I PM'd you, but I do have another question. Who are you using for shipping and where are you shipping too? Is Freeman arranging this? I'm curious how much I'm going to spend on shipping. Hope that I don't end up spending the as much on shipping as the stove costs.

-Anataq

7. Anataq

Anataq Well-Known Member

One more question. How did you first hear about the kitchen queen? We have been comparing stoves for quite some time now and have just recently talked with a couple people who use the Kitchen Queen. The Kitchen Queen is the stove we want to buy, everything we've heard has been good, and the fit and finish is supposed to be a lot nicer than the Pioneer Maid, plus I love the fact that it's not a top loader. How long after you placed the order do you expect it will take for Freeman to ship you the stove?

-Anataq
    www.pawcreekhomestead.com

8. mommykood

mommykood Active Member

Anataq - I PM'ed you! :)

I heard about the Kitchen Queen through TONS of searches on this website and other websites while searching for a wood cook stove that would also heat 2000 square feet of our homestead. I needed something with a water reservior, and a heating coil.

Unlike the Pioneer Maid or the Baker's Choice, Kitchen Queen had absolutely NO complaints that I could find anywhere!!

I considered a GemPac, MarginGem, and Flameview, but their reserviors pale in comparison in size (only 5 gallon, 5 gallon, and 8 gallon, respectively), as did the Pioneer Maid (11 gallon), and Baker's Choice (10 gallon).

The prices also pointed directly to the Kitchen Queen, as long as I ordered it directly through its stove maker, not Obidiahs... Someone posted that if a person ordered it direct from Marion, MI, it would be about $500 cheaper, so thanks goes out to that person!! :)

Jen