Where oh where could out Tipper be?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by sancraft, Jan 8, 2004.

1. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

We have moved in with my sister in the suburbs while trying to buy land in TN. I brought my cats over, all 7 of them and they have to stay outside becuase my sister hates cats. One cat, Tipper, stuck around 3 days and left. We didn't think much of it at first becuase she's been known to go missing for up to a week and come back like nothing has happened. But now I'm getting worried. I've driven all over the neighborhood looking for her to no avail. There are no dead cats on the road, so I don't think she's been hit. Plus she grew up in the burbs before we bought our first homestead. I've asked around and no one has seen a strange black cat around. How far could a cat go in a week? ANy suggestions on finding her. SHe doens't wear a name tag, because I can never keep a collar on her for more thatn 1 day. She leaves and comes back minus a collar. We called animal control for the county, but they said they don't pick up cats, only dogs. Any suggestions, we're really missing our Tipper.

2. How far does your sister live from your last home? Have you checked to see if the cat went back home?

I hope you find your Tipper.

3. Peace n Quiet

Peace n Quiet Well-Known Member Supporter

Can you alert you old neighbors to be on the lookout for Tipper?
    Nine years ago, we moved 21 miles to a new place. Our cat, Toby, stayed for about three weeks with us in the house, and was clamoring to be outside. Two weeks later, he was gone for good. About a month went by, and our old neighbors called us up to let us know that he was hanging around the old neighborhood! We drove over there daily for a week before we found him - skinny, and sooo happy to see us.
    Hope he turns up for you.

4. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

We are about 30 miles from the rental house. She and our other older cat left on moving day. We went back for 2 weeks looking for them. We found them at our old house, 1 block over. They would go back there daily and I figured that's where we'd find them. Do you think she copuld find her way back. We came over 3 highways to get here. I pray she comes back. I want her with us when we move. She loves the country life. :waa:

5. Beeman

Beeman Well-Known Member

Your cat obviously became jealous due to you moving to a state that already has a Tipper(Gore).

6. Oxankle

Oxankle Well-Known Member

Better look around the back doors and dumpsters at the Chinese and Viet restaurants in your area. If you see any black hairs floating around, just move on.

7. Sancroft,
    Did she come home? I lost my long time pet a couple of months ago, a blg black tom. He was neutered and I tried to keep him in the house, but he just loved to hunt. I expect coyotes got him, but I still hold out hope that he'll return.
    Linda