Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A recent conversation got me thinking. What are the elements of "true happiness". In my opinion they would be different for everyone. No set recipie.
Where is your "happy Place"?
Mine is; the true belly laugh of a baby.The "Stories" of the elderly. A truly heartfelt hug. The peaceful feeling I get digging in the dirt,walking in the woods and discovering a plant I don't know what it is,watching the seasonal progression of life,and learning something new.These are thing that make me truly happy and content.

·
Halfway, OR & Wagoner, OK
3,306 Posts
That's easy for me:

Playing with my new baby grandson, KAI.

Knowing my son is safe, happy, and enjoying life.

Preparing for a celebration: Christmas especially.

Decorating.

Picking wildflowers in the mountains.

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
Sitting in the middle of the barnyard in my old rusty rocking chair, rocking one of the big goats (HoHo is too big to sit in my lap, he tries to sit on the side and lays partly on me), watching butterflies alite on the Mimosa tree blossoms, listening to the coo of the dove, and trying to keep Suzi Pig from chewing on my toes or untying my shoe laces, and watching Obama, the llama, stand in serene pose.

·
Nohoa Homestead
5,398 Posts
chris30523 said:
A recent conversation got me thinking. What are the elements of "true happiness". In my opinion they would be different for everyone. No set recipie.
Where is your "happy Place"?
Mine is; the true belly laugh of a baby.The "Stories" of the elderly. A truly heartfelt hug. The peaceful feeling I get digging in the dirt,walking in the woods and discovering a plant I don't know what it is,watching the seasonal progression of life,and learning something new.These are thing that make me truly happy and content.
My happy place is sitting in front of a warm fire, with a glass of wine, smooth jazz playing in the background, the cats sitting next to me asleep, dh near by, and me working on spinning my wool!

Honey, it doesn't GET any better than that!

donsgal

·
Premium Member
10,703 Posts
Being bareback and barefoot on a shining mare, riding through a field of blooming tulips, with a new colt running ahead...on a sunny spring day under the bluest sky.

·
Premium Member
1,750 Posts
Sitting on the porch swing at midnight listening to the creek and the little screech owls.

Or, me and DS curled up on the couch reading with late night jazz on the radio.

Pauline

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Sitting on the wrong side of a feed bucket inside my chicken coop, watching the chickens talk to one another, or sitting out in my pasture watching the hogs, sheep and goats eat.

·
Registered
630 Posts
spending time with someone i love

hiking and camping

canoeing and camping

·
Registered
735 Posts
Today it was . . . The first cool morning after a week long heat wave. Sitting on a upside down water tank after letting the goats our from their pen to graze the tall grasses and taller weeds. Enjoying the refreshing morning breeze still damp with early dew.

I spent a little more time there then I should have before finishing my morning chores.

Earlier in the spring I remember standing in a shower of Persimmon blooms caught by a breeze. The petals floated all around me in a most beautiful pink shower. :angel: It was heaven on earth.

·
Suburban Homesteader
2,558 Posts
A cool evening in the back yard with DH sipping a glass of wine and watching the chickens settling in to roost, clucking as they jostle for the best position on their perch. It makes me think all is well with the world.

The first morning in late summer when the humidity breaks and the faint smell of fall is on the air.

A clear starry night and my telescope (unfortunately I haven't enjoyed this happy place for a good 25 years due to light pollution from the city.)

·
Registered
875 Posts
that first cup of coffee in the morning, sitting on the front porch, watching the world wake up and thanking the Creator for giving us another day to enjoy.....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.