Where is my free newspaper?

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by moopups, Jan 1, 2007.

1. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Been getting one for a couple of months now, apparently the previous person living here had a subscription, and the route delivery person kept tossing one every morning - but not today. How awful!

Not that its the end of the world or anything near that catagory, I just miss the comics - is there any other part of the paper that need to be read?

2. Clifford

Clifford Love it, or leave it...

I always read the obituaries. Everyday that my name is not listed there is a good day!

3. Grandmotherbear

Grandmotherbear Well-Known Member Supporter

You can hunt down most of the comics on the internet - FBorFW.com is Lynn Johnston's daily ztrip- I do this when in the city

4. MaineFarmMom

MaineFarmMom Columnist, Feature Writer

5. RandB

RandB Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, for those links! Our local rag carries FBorFW during the week, but for some reason, they don't carry it on Sunday. Now I can see what I was missing!

6. uncle Will in In.

uncle Will in In. Well-Known Member Supporter

Mitch, Ya don't reckon that newspaper took New Years Day off do you? Did you get one on Christmas Day?
    Flag the delivery person down, and kick a mess of slats out of them.

7. SteveD(TX)

SteveD(TX) Well-Known Member

Yea. And if you are really mad at him, send him out to worm the buffalo.

8. seedspreader

seedspreader AFKA ZealYouthGuy

The deliverer has been paying for that "free" paper you've been getting.

When someone moves and doesn't stop their subscription, the paper(company) keeps sending the paper through the whole next billing period giving the recipient the benefit of the doubt because they (the people they think STILL lives there) paid for their papers before.

9. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

Call the Paper on Tuesday and request A subsciption. And Yes I read the Local news and then the Classifieds. Of course you Must read the Main headlines.

10. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

11. mike3367

mike3367 lost in my own mind

just a shamed people take advantage of people. the poor carrier probably paid for your paper. you should have told him you werent the person taking the paper and to stop delivering it but i guess doign the right thing didnt cross your mind. i know when i worked for a newspaper i had to carrier the paper for 60 days even if they quit what a racket

12. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

For some reason I am not in the front yard that early in the morning, about 5 am or so. How do I catch this person that I am so offending via his/her mistake?

13. seedspreader

Most people aren't aware of the carrier paying for the paper, that's why I brought it up. It's just part of the business.

14. seedspreader

You don't have to catch the delivery person, just the newspaper... you can call them their number is on the paper.

But it seems as if they figured it out now.

15. Jan in CO

Jan in CO Well-Known Member Supporter

Before this turns into a brawl, we have the option of paying ahead for our paper, and if we don't cancel it, that paper should be delivered until the paid subscription runs out...no charge to the carrier at all. Could be that same thing happened there, so give Mitch the benefit of the doubt! Jan in CO

16. Jenn

Jenn Well-Known Member Supporter

Happened to me- and unwelcome- neighbor dogs peeing on the paper before I got to it and it often rotting there a few days. Three calls to paper were ineffective, finally after two months put up a sign for deliverer (both directions unsure which way she was driving when she looked at my driveway) to stop delivery and that or my 4th call stopped it.

17. Cabin Fever

Cabin Fever Life NRA Member since 1976 Supporter

Mitch buddy, I think there are more important things a little closer to home to be concerned about right now. Forget the dern newspaper.

18. uncle Will in In.

uncle Will in In. Well-Known Member Supporter

You might forget the paper, but not knowing what is happening to Beetle Bailey and poor little Charley Brown could cause severe withdrawl symptoms. Mitch, if you let me know which comics really interest you, I'll post daily updates. Just don't ask for the whole page. By the way Garfield Jon and that slobberin pup all were sound asleep with their mouths wide open on the sofa at midnight New Years eve while Jons new fat lipped heart throb sat beside them watching the ball drop.

19. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

I thought that fat lipped heart throb was within your interest there Uncle Will... :cool: