Homesteading Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are having daily snow and snow showers, no breaks! here in Pennsylvania, so I wonder where in the world is that global warming I hear all the time? My shovel is not taking a break this season. I just wonder.

·
Original recipe!
14,044 Posts
Global warming does not mean that everything will always warm... global warming means that there will be changes from the normal weather patterns.
So... if it is snowing none stop and that is strange and unusual... there is your global warming.
And you keep that snow up north where it belongs, young man!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Global warming is a SLOW change in temperature over a long period of time, evidenced by a departure from "normal" temperatures. The rise in temperature is quite small per year, and you won't see a large change in weather except over a period of 10, 20, 30 years time. Due to weather in general, you'll still get colder temperatures even during periods of warming. Also, warming promotes changes in sea temperatures changing weather patterns all over the world. This could mean while some areas warm up rapidly, others cool, but the average is still going up.

Also, global warming is not contested as happening or not happening by any scientists at all. The only thing that's even possibly controversial is that the MAJORITY of it's human made, which once again, most scientists agree with.

·
Banned
486 Posts
Don't worry!! starting Jan 20 2009 you will get and hear all the global warming you can stand. All while a bunch of people get to "feel " better and the prices go sky high and the country goes down the drain.

Just wait till the disaster comes when all these electric cars have to have new batteries. Another government bailout!!

We can't even predict the weather for two days in a row. And personally my six acres of trees need all the CO2 they can grow and provide me O2

·
Premium Member
6,431 Posts
I hear ya, and feel your pain. not only have we had constant snow, well below normal temps, but it's been soooooo windy. 17 degrees and high wind is not my idea of a good time. seems to me we never used to deal with so much wind.

I declared it jammie day. and asked the dogs to please only ask to go out if they're busting a gut. :)

·
Registered
399 Posts
I'll betcha if you check the historical records for your area going back about 30 or so years you'll find that the snow levels and frequency are remarkably close to what you're experiencing. Short memories + Long (for us) climate cycles = lots of ballyhoo about global warming.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'll betcha if you check the historical records for your area going back about 30 or so years you'll find that the snow levels and frequency are remarkably close to what you're experiencing. Short memories + Long (for us) climate cycles = lots of ballyhoo about global warming.
This and a lot of other completely inconsistent and inaccurate "evidence" promotes the global warming disbelief which is, by the way, is found only in US citizens.

GLOBAL warming is about GLOBAL warming, it has little to do with your local areas historical records. It also has nothing to do with 2 day predictions and everything to do with hundred year models and yearly updates on GLOBAL temperatures.

·
Registered
399 Posts
This and a lot of other completely inconsistent and inaccurate "evidence" promotes the global warming disbelief which is, by the way, is found only in US citizens.

GLOBAL warming is about GLOBAL warming, it has little to do with your local areas historical records. It also has nothing to do with 2 day predictions and everything to do with hundred year models and yearly updates on GLOBAL temperatures.
Not true. All kinds of people all over the world including noted scientists are not on the global warming bandwagon. Yes, climate changes. Climate is dynamic. It always has been. Read history books where they reference the weather. Things like mini ice ages and major thaws are mentioned. I was posting regarding this particular poster not remembering heavy snowfalls in his area.

"Global Warming" is a political gimmick. There are actual environmental crisises - like water polution - that are not getting the time or money spent on them because of it.

·
Banned
7,802 Posts
Greenboy, you're asking about global warming but warming alone isn't the full issue and it's not called global warming anymore, it's called global climate change.

You're focusing on GCC in the wrong location - the United States of America is not global, and it's not yet experiencing the full effects of global climate change. There are other parts of the globe that are being harder impacted by climate change at this time.

The governors of the United States had their conference about global climate change on November 18 & 19th, 2008. They came together in an effort to create a framework for USA negotiators to use when they meet in Poland this month for the United Nations Global Climate Change conference with world leaders. http://site.governorsglobalclimatesummit.org/

The United Nations Conference about global climate change is currently underway at this time in Poland, from December 1st to 12, 2008 - here is the link to their itinerary: http://unfccc.int/2860.php Go to the link and read it, including the topics listed at the side, you can get more actual information about those areas of the globe that are being hardest hit by global climate change.

Here's one more: http://www.un.org/climatechange/

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
How about a 23 year global cooling cycle coming up?
http://www.cdapress.com/articles/2008/11/21/columns/columns06.prt

And how do they measure official temperatures? Right by the AC exhaust or the BBQ grill or the blacktop parking lot.
http://www.norcalblogs.com/watts/weather_stations/

Climate changes. People moved into a valley near here 130-140 years ago and it was almost frost free and grew wonderful crops. They wrote their friends and they moved there too and a few years later, the normal weather came back and many froze out or died. Other planets are also warming right now and we aren't burning coal on them. Settle down.

·
Registered
241 Posts
You have such a positive attitude. You must be a joy to live with.:mad:

Don't worry!! starting Jan 20 2009 you will get and hear all the global warming you can stand. All while a bunch of people get to "feel " better and the prices go sky high and the country goes down the drain.

Just wait till the disaster comes when all these electric cars have to have new batteries. Another government bailout!!

We can't even predict the weather for two days in a row. And personally my six acres of trees need all the CO2 they can grow and provide me O2

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.