Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I step away for a little while and come back----seems alot of regulars have dissappeared?? Where is everyone? I am still raising a few rabbits, more into chicks/chickens right now.

·
Registered
332 Posts
SherryB got rid of her rabbits because her husband didn't like the meat. I think ******** Wife is also taking a break from bunnies - can't remember for sure.

·
Lovin' the Country Life
507 Posts
I'm still lurking around and post occasionally. Things will slow down in a week or so, when the 50 meat birds are done and the current meat bunnies are processed. Gonna try to take it easy over the winter. We'll see how that works ....lol.

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
I'm still here too. Got some to process this weekend. Still eating the bog also tell everyone about it. Want to make some sausage this processing time around IF i can find some pork fat.

Good to hear from ya~

·
Premium Member
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm still here too. Got some to process this weekend. Still eating the bog also tell everyone about it. Want to make some sausage this processing time around IF i can find some pork fat.

Good to hear from ya~
We save the pork fat from the hogs we process ourself, before that I could get some from the grocery stores that still cut their own meat. You could mix in some pork sholder etc.

·
Premium Member
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Coworker shot and killed herself. Nuff said.
OOOps Thats Heavy!! My Dad did the same thing. His brother killed himself in 1963, my dad in 1977, and another one of my Dads Brothers in 1999. I have sit for a Long Time So many times wondering how/what they were feeling just before-----. Maybe they needed a hobby-----like raising rabbits to cheer themselves up!!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Fire-Man, You have heard it all , so I say---You are a wonderful man dealing with what was dealt to him.
I have not been here much lately. Putting rabbits in the freezer and trying to deal with the doctor telling me it is kidney dialysis time. I been sleeping way toooooo much and I still have to get things ready for winter. I am gonna have to hire a church boy to help. Lord, this sucks.

Every one has there own demons to deal with. God bless us all.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Getting ready for winter... If it ever comes here in Ca! Hopefully it will make the rainy days seem like I have time off instead of chasing my tail to keep critters out of the mud.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts