Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about my display at the Farmer's Market and I think I would like a better way to display my goods. What I would like is a small bread tray or a plastic 1/2 bushel basket. If you have any ideas to share , I would appreciate it. My problem is specifically in presentation of greens and for zucchini and yellow squash. The stand next to mine uses grape baskets but they won't tell me where they got them.
Linda

·
Registered
465 Posts
mammagoose,,,do you have any dollar stores near you?..I have found lots of baskets there..some lined,,large and small ones..I check weekly so as to get in on the new arrivals..and its cheap...I also haunt rummage sales,,flea mkts..auctions,,thats where I got all my canning jars,,

Judi

·
Registered
643 Posts
A lot of vendors at our market use the white styrofoam grape shipping boxes. We get them for free from the grocery store (I think it costs them to distroy them). They will hold about a 20 pounds of tomatoes and lots of zucs. They come with lids and are good for stacking.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually , I am not interested in wicker baskets. I am looking for plastic containers similar to the small bread containers you see in grocery stores. Kind of hard to describe.
Linda

1 - 8 of 8 Posts