where can I get some tall socks?????

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Farmer Brownn, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Farmer Brownn

Farmer Brownn Member

I like them "over the calf" and now I find it's short stuff or nothing. Anyone have a supplier of regular work socks that will reach above your boot tops? No tubes please. Strange request--but socks are sort of "under foot" all day long-----

2. moonwolf

moonwolf Well-Known Member

Have you tried Cabela's? They are on-line as well as a print catalogue if you don't have the store nearby.

3. lacyj

lacyj Well-Known Member

Cross-country skiing socks go over the knee and half way up the thigh. They come in wool, wool blend and polyester blend, too. they are pretty expensive but will last a really really looooooooong time.

4. MaryNY

MaryNY Well-Known Member

I think WalMart has them. Also, you might want to check one of the sporting goods stores like Gander Mountain or Pro Bass Shops or Dick's Sporting Goods. They'll probably call them "hunting" socks of some such, but it should be the same thing. Good luck!

MaryNY

5. 1/4acre

1/4acre Well-Known Member

I usually get them at Farm and Fleet or you could try Tractor Supply.

6. babetteq

babetteq Well-Known Member

Find someone who knits in your area. Pay them to make you a few pairs of socks. Sometimes they'll do it for a good source of wool. Then you will have custom made GREAT socks that fit you perfectly and your money will stay in your locale.

Babs

7. Oilpatch197

Oilpatch197 Well-Known Member

8. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

There are several styles of wool and wool blend socks in the SierraTradingPost.com current catalog. Everything they've got is online too. They run about $7.50 and up a pair but the quality is very good.