Where can I find some window cranks for my Nomad camper -help please

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by NancyinArkansas, Aug 30, 2004.

1. NancyinArkansas

NancyinArkansas Well-Known Member

Can you believe I never noticed there were no cranks on the windows-threr were brand new curtains-so I did nt notice- where can I order some cranks-I cant find a place-I could get by with one-thanks to all of you good people-Nancy

2. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

3. Windy in Kansas

Windy in Kansas In Remembrance

I think the makers of Nomad are still in business, you should be able to get the cranks from them.

However, did you check all of the drawers and cabinets to see if they aren't just tucked away somewhere?

4. OD

OD Well-Known Member

Wal Mart usually has basic RV supplies. I bought a window handle there for my chicken house windows (recycled from a camper).

5. bethlaf

bethlaf Homegrown Family

junk yard, camper store, super walmart would be where i would look ...and you only really need one or two, no matter how many windows you have, you can only close so many at a time ...

6. NancyinArkansas

yesterday i was cleaning up the camper and i found one on a window in a cabinet-dont know why a cabinet had a window-so i have one and can do with it till i find another- thanks for all the advice--you are such good people on this site--Nancy

7. bethlaf

bethlaf Homegrown Family

well geeze nancy,
    anybody knows thats so you dont have to open the door to see whats inside the cabinet !!! :haha: LOL saves so oooo much work you know !:haha:
    good luck with your camper!! attatch a bright ribbon , or string to that handle you found , so it doesnt get lost !!!!!!

8. NancyinArkansas

to bethlaf and everyone you can have another lol on me-the window is in the back of the cabinet--i ask my husband why it is there and he said -he coud nt figure it out either so he left and i stood there a while and reached up and unhooked the hook by the cabinet and a bed came down--now that was a great find--that is why the window-but i dont need the bed so i have a big storage area--that camper is sanitized and clean from top to bottom=i am proud of my self-but am tired-catch ya all later-nancy