Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,576 Posts
It's funny. I live only 20 miles from my town workplace .
It feels like a different world and gals there haven't a clue
what my rural homestead life entails. Oh, I'm sure any of
them would jump at an invitation to take a cruise.
However, mention cleaning out the barn, or shovelling out
turkey Manure and they are Out of There!

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
Ya know, if I was given a choice between taking a cruise or having a vacation at one of those working ranch gigs, I would take the working ranch. Give me the smell of a barn, horses or cows any day over being stuck on a boat on water.

There is a horse rescue ranch close to where my new property is and I can see myself spending volunteer hours on the weekends there helping with the horses and cleaning out stalls. For some reason that life style appeals to me. And you cannot beat the smell of a horse or the way they look at you... They are beautiful.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
I went n a cruise once courtesy of my daughters. I had a hard time wrapping my brain around being stuck on a boat with a population larger than any city I ever lived in, but I survived. I found quiet places for solitude and fresh air. I sure missed my chickens. Next trip I'm driving!

U

·
0 Posts
Wrong approach, dude. Might as well change your username and start over. All the good homesteading gals are homesteading. Some of them are looking for somebody to help around the place.

However: There are some not good homesteading types that would gladly go on a cruise, or whatever you're paying for, and they're everywhere.

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
Go on a ***cruise*** and get stuck elbow to elbow with 4000 plus peoples . . . .?!?!
And they wonder why they get sick.........?!?!

The smart ones will stick to the friendly stink of the farm......

You will get what you deserve if your going on a cruise to try for a "pick up"........

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Wrong approach, dude. Might as well change your username and start over. All the good homesteading gals are homesteading. Some of them are looking for somebody to help around the place.

However: There are some not good homesteading types that would gladly go on a cruise, or whatever you're paying for, and they're everywhere.

You PAYing? I'll go! send me a photo of yourself so I know who to stand next to at the boat ramp! Oh and the plane ticket. Sure would be fun to have a friend with money that likes to share.

But I have to agree ladies that all ready have a home place with critters might find it hard to just up and take a trip. But now if you are paying for pet,farm sitter as well...........

·
Registered
999 Posts
I remember you from years ago and seeing a pic-you truly looked like a mountain man, including the beard. I also remember your ex wife or ex gf, EasyDay and her pic. She also participated on several other sub-forums here. She was an intelligent woman, wish she'd come back and join us.

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
He is a very attractive man and he has some serious building skills. The boat he is actually talking about, he has also partially built, or customized. Like I said he has some serious skills. Still, if I had to weigh being on a boat or cleaning out horse stalls I am going for the horse stalls.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Ya know, if I was given a choice between taking a cruise or having a vacation at one of those working ranch gigs, I would take the working ranch. Give me the smell of a barn, horses or cows any day over being stuck on a boat on water.

There is a horse rescue ranch close to where my new property is and I can see myself spending volunteer hours on the weekends there helping with the horses and cleaning out stalls. For some reason that life style appeals to me. And you cannot beat the smell of a horse or the way they look at you... They are beautiful.
Ditto! Add the smell of hay…sweet heaven. Living in the city as I do I often carry a bale in the back of my jeep. Smells so good! Friends think I am crazy. Can't wait to move to a farm.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts