21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
In the last week I picked up:
Winchester .22LR 525 count $49.95
Herters 9mm 115gr FMJ 100 count $32.95
Federal .45+p 230gr HP 20 count $37.95.

The .22's were pretty expensive but we got three boxes just for the hell of it.
The 9mm I thought was a pretty good price.
The .45 was way expensive but that is a strictly defensive round. When my life is on the line cost is no object.
Was getting a bunch of .45 reloads FNJ and HP for $28 for a box of fifty.
Pretty happy with that price
Chewed up a few hundred of them for target practice.
Wish I could get some more.
.45 ammo is almost impossible to find around here.

Reactions: 67drake

·
Registered
307 Posts
I know this topic is beating a dead horse, but the ammo prices!
My wife went to the range last, with one one my sons,to shoot her .380. So she took my handgun storage “briefcase”. Well I’m looking over the weekend and I’m 100% out of ANY .357 or .38 special rounds. I guess she wanted to shoot my .357 too!
With the political climate the way it is, it honestly makes me nervous to be out of anything. No gun shows coming up soon,in my area anyway. So looking online the best I could find was $90 for 50 rounds of .357 and 50 38 special. Add tax and shipping and it’s like 125!
But, when you’re out, you’re out. I couldn’t even find magnum rounds online anywhere in the spring and summer, so I guess it’s progress, just expensive!
well simple or maybe not.. reload.. have your wife learn to reload she shoots them she loads them equal rights..grin
no reloading is easy and both can do it.. also black powder is great fun.. i like my 58 cal .. mark

·
Registered
307 Posts
I was in town yesterday and looked for .45, none to be had. So this morning I loaded 100 rounds. I target shoot with it, I hunt with it, and if it became necessary I would defend myself with it.
please tell me you do not use it on the back bumper hitch of your truck for a stand// it would be interesting.. and yes just a joke .. but really which way would you shoot at it if hooked up to the truck?
Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Automotive lighting
Font Rectangle Clock Measuring instrument Scale

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Anyone stupid enough to use a target stand like that, deserves whatever happens. If they were offered, I am sure they would sell like hotcakes. There is no shortage of stupid.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Hey, my 20 year old Dodge just keeps on rolling.
235,000+ miles. Looking forward to 300,000.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts