Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
20,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a lot of videos out there of protesters doing things that make you wonder how they were raised and if they just were never taught anything. Here's a brief example. I also notice when things go bad they act surprised like they just didn't see that coming. It baffles me.

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
38,889 Posts
At our senior class picnic in 1972, one girl tried riding on the back of a compact car moving through the park. It ended the same way.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
So many people have lost the concept that there are consequences for their actions, that they are responsible for them. They have been raised with the idea that others will take care of them, watch out for them, will not hold them accountable for their actions. Now we are dealing with the results of this widespread social issue.

·
Registered
20,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't feel any sympathy for idiots.
Same here and I don't blame the cops for just driving off on their call and leaving her. Young people have always been known to do some dumb things but it used to be just clowning around or sometimes it involved beer but this intentional placing oneself in harms way is just weird.

·
Registered
20,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So many people have lost the concept that there are consequences for their actions, that they are responsible for them. They have been raised with the idea that others will take care of them, watch out for them, will not hold them accountable for their actions. Now we are dealing with the results of this widespread social issue.
I suspect you're right. Kids today have been overly coddled. Mommy and daddy get them anything they want, especially if they throw a tantrum. I suspect they just expect to get everything their way.

·
Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....?
78,696 Posts
Applied Physics!

Reactions: Kstar
1 - 20 of 36 Posts