When life is good...

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Pansies4me, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Pansies4me

Pansies4me Dreaming of autumn....

This evening I had one of those "life is good" moments even though there was nothing spectacular going on. I was making potato soup for supper and my husband was hanging out in the kitchen with me while he was feeding our eight week old daughter. Christmas music could be heard from the next room and the Christmas tree was lit. We were talking about the approaching storm and appreciating our cozy home. I could give you a whole list of things that are not going well in our lives, but none of that really matters. I had a clear look at how good my life is - husband, baby girl, home, food, heat and joy.

What makes you pause and say "life is good"?

Sallie

agracioushome.com

2. SweetSarah

SweetSarah Well-Known Member

A husband that you love to take care of at your side, a sweet baby, a warm home, christmas joy in your heart. That sounds pretty spectacular to me. I love moments like that. I am happy for you. Sounds like you had a wonderful evening. :)

3. barnchick

barnchick Member

i had one of those moments this afternoon, the kids were at school, i had some good jazz on the stereo, a steaming mug of tea, a light rain falling, a comfy sofa, my dogs and cats at my feet and my knitting....ahhh the calm before the holiday rush... :rolleyes:

4. Whimsy~

Whimsy~ Member

Watching a dvd of "The Nightmare Before Christmas" with the cat curled in my lap.

5. Shepherd

Shepherd Well-Known Member

Pansies - that would certainly do it! Glad you had such a wonderful day!

6. midwsthomestead

midwsthomestead joy seeker

Good for you in finding contentment! To me, contentment doesn't mean there aren't any issues or problems, it just means life is good in spite of those things.

Those moments hit unexpectedly for me, different times n different places. They're almost always moments at home, often in the kitchen as I look out the window while cooking or when I'm sprawled on the living room floor with both kids working a puzzle(my kids are 13 and 11, so i TREASURE those moments!), or when I'm crocheting beside that husband o' mine, cheering on Indiana basketball lol.

Great thread, thanks for sharing!!

~~

7. MarleneS

MarleneS Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing, one can have one of those life is good moments just reading this thread :)

Yesterday, after I has assured myself that I had done everything I possibly could to prepare for the rain/ice/snow storm the weatherpersons were warning about. I had a BLT w/avocato slices, one of my favorite sandwiches, with iced tea, was sitting on the couch piecing a quilt top, with the dogs at my feet, and thinking how nice it was just to relax and let things be.

Hugs
    Marlene

8. manygoatsnmore

manygoatsnmore Well-Known Member Supporter

Sometimes a "life is good" moment can be as simple as stepping outside on a crisp, snowy night, and taking a deep breath! Wow.

Or getting a phone message from ddil, calling me Mom, and letting me know she was thinking about me, and that they all love me. It's pretty special when I get a message like that from my SON, and even better when it comes from my newest DAUGHTER!

Or when I have a night off from work on a windy, rainy night, all the animals are cared for and tucked up for the night, and I have my youngest dd14, the dog and all 7 cats keeping me company in the house while the wind whistles around the corners outside.

Or when I feel like I'm really making a difference in one of my patient's lives and it's a good night at work....or a bad night at work, and a co-worker cracks a joke that lets us know that we WILL all survive this night, lol.

Or a hug and kiss from a dgd! Lots of ways I can stop and think, "Life is GOOD!"

9. Larburlingame

Larburlingame Well-Known Member

Our pastor says happiness is a fleeting high, but joy is a lasting feeling. Joy is looking at the good in your life and feeling good about those things even if others things are bad.

10. omnicat

omnicat Well-Known Member

I usually have several of those moments a week. The latest one was walking into the living room, cozy fire going, and DH and DD (9) curled up on the couch, DD reading to DH.

11. Queen Bee

Queen Bee Well-Known Member Supporter

I had one of those moments tonight about 7:30. I was on my way home from work, sitting at a stop light ---feeling a little down and it was raining. The light turned green and I was first in line and lost in my thoughts for a second before I realized the light had changed. As I pull over the white line, a car came 'flying' thru the red light--if I had gone when the light changed- It would have 't-boned' at my door!! I realized at that very moment how lucky I am! I came home to a warm house, a husband of 33yrs. (who was VERY 'happy' to see me)! Life is good and I should think about it more often...QB

12. Jenn

Jenn Well-Known Member Supporter

DH is most endearing when I see him with our children. Gotta love the man who loves your kids and shows it.

13. bubbba

bubbba Well-Known Member

wow queen bee what a close call. you a lucky lady today indeed.

peace