Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, as some of you well know... MY MIL was dx'd w/ pancratic cancer (stage 4) Nov 4th. Well then a week maybe 2 later, her cousin was dx'd w/ the SAME cancer only her's had matastized (sp?), then you couple that w/ her brother who has been fighting colorectal cancer for a year now.

WERE GETTING TRIPLE SLAMMED.

WEll MIL is still doing chemo/radiation route.. doing so so, if she would stop getting infections in her chemo port.

"COUSIN" just found out today, she is in the hospital, and they said she MIGHT have two weeks left and are keeping her comfortable.

"Brother" cant have the surgery (removal of colon,prostate, bladder, and rectum) cause now they found out he has a heart issue, and has to go in next week for a "possible" either stint/ Emergent Bipass, and if it isnt them two, then he has a bad muscle in a chamber in his heart... if so.. he wont be able to have the surgery.

SOOO NEEDLESS TO SAY! were in for a ROUGH ROUGH RIDE for the next few weeks to a year!!!!:Bawling:

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
So sorry for your family - sometimes things just hit all at once like this, it can be so difficult... Sending a prayer that you will all have strength to deal with this.

·
Knitting Rocks!
5,783 Posts
Ahhh, I am sorry it is rough right now.
hugs for your whole family --

Remember, after the rains come the sunshine! Ya'll hang in there.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
(((BIG hugs to you)))

I'm so sorry to hear that. I'll say a prayer for you all. :(

~Ashley

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
Goodness, I am so sorry, I will keep you all in my prayers.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I'm so very sorry this is happening to you and your family. I'll keep all of you in my prayers.

·
HomesteadHopefuls
709 Posts
you know,
they say you can always look around and find
someone in worse shape than you,
I believe that.

you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
giraffe baby - prayers for the best for you and your family.

I think you're going to need a lot of cups of comforting tea (or other) to get through all this with your family.

Angie

·
Premium Member
3,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well i honestly think my childhood prepared me for days like that! WE take it day at a time and deal w/ whats DIRE that day! I think thats why we are as happy today as we were 17 yrs ago!

As a child (oldest) i had to care for my siblings(4 others) and 1 had cerebral palsey, and one had mental challanges. Then as an adult, I had my own child w/ medical needs. AND now all this MEDICAL drama.. I think thats just what has been my plot in life to deal w/ medical issues!! AND my youngest, wants to be a doctor, and Oldest a VET! ( all medical too!)

Thank you all for your prayers!! Heading out to the School to volunteer :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts