Homesteading Forum banner

81 - 100 of 217 Posts

·
Sock puppet reinstated
23,617 Posts

Here's a good example. This fine human being is using their orientation/gender as a weapon in the political arena. If they were serious about being sheriff this would not be a problem. It's the open flaunting that is disgusting. Sexuality, weaponized.

Way to earn my respect 🙄🙄🙄
Actually it was not about that person sexuality , it was about people choosing someone to supprt that they had not even checked out.

·
Registered
14,925 Posts
And here I thought sexual "orientation" was losing your virginity.

I know many gay people and they don't flaunt it in your face like that. It is not the norm. Most just want to be left in peace. Don't listen to the MSM. They will get you worked up.

Was in the store earlier today and CNN was on. They were getting people worked up over chairs being tied to each other at a rally.

I won't lose a moment's sleep on them chairs.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts

Here's a good example. This fine human being is using their orientation/gender as a weapon in the political arena. If they were serious about being sheriff this would not be a problem. It's the open flaunting that is disgusting. Sexuality, weaponized.

Way to earn my respect 🙄🙄🙄
Ridiculous example, in no way is their sexual orientation being used as a weapon.
Where are you seeing that?
They are running in an election and also happen to be Trans according to the story.

While I find some of their ideas from the story disturbing, in no way can I connect it to being Trans.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I thought she looked familiar.
That Burger King dude still creeps me out though.
Me too.

As for the subject at hand, I'd say don't sweat the small stuff. People are going to do what they do regardless of their sex, creed, whatever...some people like to be loud about things, some people don't.....getting upset at another person's actions doesn't change their actions. Anger towards another is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.

·
Registered
14,925 Posts
Me too.

As for the subject at hand, I'd say don't sweat the small stuff. People are going to do what they do regardless of their sex, creed, whatever...some people like to be loud about things, some people don't.....getting upset at another person's actions doesn't change their actions. Anger towards another is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.
Amen, I am still surprised at what some so called " straight" people do in private and just have to think they need to tell me about.

·
Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....?
78,696 Posts
Actually it was not about that person sexuality , it was about people choosing someone to supprt that they had not even checked out.
It's not hard to "win" if one runs unopposed.
It's not a sign of "support" or "choosing".
It means he filled out all the proper forms and paid the filing fees.

Keene’s Aria DiMezzo is the first transgender person to win the GOP’s nomination for Cheshire County sheriff after running unopposed in Tuesday’s primary.
If he voted for himself he automatically wins.

Details matter.
You can't just make up things and think everyone will believe you simply because you said it when the facts are right there in front of everyone.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #87

Details matter.
You can't just make up things and think everyone will believe you simply because you said it when the facts are right there in front of everyone.
So if you read the article, they ran for this office not to beat the incumbent, but solely for the 'debate'. Just to argue and make some sort of point. They don't expect to win the spot, I don't think.

·
78,696 Posts
So if you read the article, they ran for this office not to beat the incumbent, but solely for the 'debate'.
I read some things about him before.
Yeah, he's just looking for attention.
There's a lot of that going around.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is it just me, or is this a social issue that permeates every aspect of life whether or not the venue is acceptable for it?
Are the Pride folks truly so wrapped up in themselves that they need to make EVERYTHING about them? It's everywhere. It isn't the gay part that even bothers me it's just that these ideas have somehow been incorporated into places where sexual preferences are truly irrelevant. It's gotten to the point where I'm beginning to not take these folks seriously anymore.
[/QUO

It's a problem, but I see the cause of the problem as being not so much the homosexuals, as it is the problem of a Christian/moral community that has forgotten how to live as a community. Christians, as well as morally sound people, have remained idle while allowing the government to take over their own responsibility to govern themselves (1Cor.5:11-13; 11:30-31). If we were actually living as a community of Christian/moral people (Acts 2:42-47; 4:32-35), on a local level, we would self-regulate our own culture, rather than saying, "why doesn't the government do something about that!?" If Christians learned that it was actually possible for them to live in community, above and beyond just going to church, and actually give the community a testimony of ONE BODY with many members, homosexuals, and people who want to live openly immoral lifestyles, would, more than likely, not feel comfortable in that setting and go elsewhere on their own. Or, even better yet, would be able to see what a testimony of true love actually looked like and want it so much they would want to forsake their lifestyle and learn to live like that! And hopefully, rather than being condemned, would be forgiven, loved, and encouraged so much () that they would never want to return to their old lifestyle. The reason I blame Christians more than the homosexuals for today's problems is that Christians have a greater responsibility than sinners. Sinners do not have any responsibility for the community, they just do what they do. But we Christians, who do have the responsibility to openly declare and display our moral lifestyles, rather than being bold in our faith, have kept our public Christianity contained to our one hour a week ceremonial religious "service." Often times, the only public testimonies that LGBTQ have ever seen of what they are told is "Christianity" are the hypocritical lives of people who talk about doing good on Sunday morning, but in private, are just as disobedient as they are to other commandments in other areas. So, homosexuals can honestly, in their own minds, say, "at least I'm not a hypocrite about my sins!" And, way too often, they actually have a pretty good point! There are things that we who complain about the ills of society can do to change our world. But we have to start with getting real with ourselves and stop hiding our failures as the church, by pointing at other sinners.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
I read some things about him before.
Yeah, he's just looking for attention.
There's a lot of that going around.
Is he the correct pronoun? I didn't know what to call he/she/it/them/whatever. I figured anything I say could probably be construed as offensive so at the end of the day it doesn't really matter.

·
78,696 Posts
It's a problem, but I see the cause of the problem as being not so much the homosexuals, as it is the problem of a Christian/moral community that has forgotten how to live as a community. Christians, as well as morally sound people, have remained idle while allowing the government to take over their own responsibility to govern themselves (1Cor.5:11-13; 11:30-31). If we were actually living as a community of Christian/moral people (Acts 2:42-47; 4:32-35), on a local level, we would self-regulate our own culture, rather than saying, "why doesn't the government do something about that!?" If Christians learned that it was actually possible for them to live in community, above and beyond just going to church, and actually give the community a testimony of ONE BODY with many members, homosexuals, and people who want to live openly immoral lifestyles, would, more than likely, not feel comfortable in that setting and go elsewhere on their own. Or, even better yet, would be able to see what a testimony of true love actually looked like and want it so much they would want to forsake their lifestyle and learn to live like that! And hopefully, rather than being condemned, would be forgiven, loved, and encouraged so much () that they would never want to return to their old lifestyle. The reason I blame Christians more than the homosexuals for today's problems is that Christians have a greater responsibility than sinners. Sinners do not have any responsibility for the community, they just do what they do. But we Christians, who do have the responsibility to openly declare and display our moral lifestyles, rather than being bold in our faith, have kept our public Christianity contained to our one hour a week ceremonial religious "service." Often times, the only public testimonies that LGBTQ have ever seen of what they are told is "Christianity" are the hypocritical lives of people who talk about doing good on Sunday morning, but in private, are just as disobedient as they are to other commandments in other areas. So, homosexuals can honestly, in their own minds, say, "at least I'm not a hypocrite about my sins!" And, way too often, they actually have a pretty good point! There are things that we who complain about the ills of society can do to change our world. But we have to start with getting real with ourselves and stop hiding our failures as the church, by pointing at other sinners.
There's a whole section set aside for discussing "religion".

·
Registered
39 Posts
If your child's greatest accomplishment is liking a penis or a vagina...then the child is a loser.

If you identify your child as your gay, hetero, lgtbq*** child, then you are a loser.

Nobody cares how your child achieves sexual satisfaction. If you strive to obtain attention from your child's sexual proclivities, then you need help.

·
Premium Member
23,948 Posts
I don't care if a man and woman are holding hands or sharing a quick kiss. I also don't care if the same scenario is being played out between 2 men or 2 women.

I don't really care which gender someone prefers. What they do in their own private lives is their business. I feel it's wrong for a person to be discrimintated against because of their sexual preferences. Again, that is their business.

To me it seems like people who advertise their sexual preference want that to be a big part of how other people see them. A person's sex life is not high on my list of "need to know" personality traits.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There's a whole section set aside for discussing "religion".

Everything is a religion

·
Registered
3,457 Posts

Details matter.
Details, like receiving 4211 votes, LOL.

81 - 100 of 217 Posts