Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me, or is this a social issue that permeates every aspect of life whether or not the venue is acceptable for it?
Are the Pride folks truly so wrapped up in themselves that they need to make EVERYTHING about them? It's everywhere. It isn't the gay part that even bothers me it's just that these ideas have somehow been incorporated into places where sexual preferences are truly irrelevant. It's gotten to the point where I'm beginning to not take these folks seriously anymore.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She can wear what she wants, and I can think what I want of it.

What is really making me crazy is the psycho attitude some of these people have "support my homosexuality or else" stuff. I was way more supportive before it started being demanded of people

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
Early 2000s: "There's no slippery slope with gay marriage."

2020: Trans kids.
My grandmother used to have a sign on the front door when she moved into the city. "No solicitors."

So if the ie Jehova's Witnesses knocked on her door or the Fuller Brush man, she might come around from the back of the house with the dog and say something like "Hey, can't you read? I'm not interested in your nonsense. Now take that crap off my property now!"
The word was quickly passed around not to go to that house because they don't like salesman.

Today, if some BLM/LBTGFUBAR went banging on her door and she responded the same way, she would be labeled racist, homophobic or some load of baloney, for simply refusing to go along to get along.

In a humorous way, it is like Dan Akroyd in "Christmas With The Kranks."
"Knock Knock Knock! It's time to put up your Frosty!"

·
Banned
30,992 Posts
I know I'm proud of my LGBTQ+ kid. 💕

·
Registered
148 Posts
I don't care what anybody does in the privacy of their bedrooms...But I don't want to know about it either.
Agreed; I also shouldn't be assaulted by having to see straight people holding hands or kissing in public, or, more egregiously, ads on TV or scenes in movies where straight people kiss — or worse. Seeing that absolutely revolts me!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Agreed; I also shouldn't be assaulted by having to see straight people holding hands or kissing in public, or, more egregiously, ads on TV or scenes in movies where straight people kiss — or worse. Seeing that absolutely revolts me!
Maybe you should turn off the TV and go outside.

Everything being turned into a personal agenda these days

1 - 20 of 203 Posts