Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we took Katie (one of our two half-sister doelings) to the vet today to clear up a blocked salivary gland that was growing, becoming painful for her and at risk for infection. Besides the fact that no one was going to want to breed her with that lump on her jaw line even if it was confirmed just saliva. :yuck:

First time the girls have been apart since they were kids.
Ellie's all over the barn and pasture yelling for her sissy (did I mention they are Nubians?). She's accepting no comforting from us. She has the pigs and chickens/roos all on edge today.

Headed to the vet in an hour to bring our fixed up girl home and get some peace and quiet I hope.

Yikes!

·
Premium Member
3,681 Posts
It would be interesting to see a pic of the jaw line with the blocked salivary gland. On another vein, I personally had a blocked salivary gland once. Ouch! It was the size of a golf ball and came on overnight. What a surprise when I woke up in the AM and saw that! It went away in a week or so.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TR: I'll have to see if we have any pics that show the 'before.' The after has hot pink stitches that I'll be taking out in a couple weeks. She seems fine so far - hooray!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts