Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
28,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NORAH O’DONNELL: What is your advice about Thanksgiving?
DR. ANTHONY FAUCI: I think people should be very careful and prudent about social gatherings, particularly when members of the family might be at a risk because of their age or underlying condition. You may have to bite the bullet and sacrifice that social gathering, unless you’re pretty certain that the people that you’re dealing with are not infected. Either they’ve been very recently tested, or they’re living a lifestyle in which they don’t have any interaction with anybody except you and your family.

Reactions: 101pigs

·
Voice of Reason
51,338 Posts
It isn't ending and it won't.
It isn't about a flu; the bizarro has is and will continue to evolve and now so will you have to also, or you will become a victim.
A pandemic isn't the kind of war that conservatives like to fight.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
A pandemic isn't the kind of war that conservatives like to fight.
What are we fighting? My friends, neighbors, and relatives are not dropping dead in the streets. I literally know ONE person who has tested positive since this whole mess started almost 9 months ago here, and he lives in a completely different country and is currently perfectly healthy.

I don't like fighting propaganda wars, personally. We're all just in dog training school at this point in the game. And it is a game.

·
Voice of Reason
51,338 Posts
What are we fighting? My friends, neighbors, and relatives are not dropping dead in the streets. I literally know ONE person who has tested positive since this whole mess started almost 9 months ago here, and he lives in a completely different country and is currently perfectly healthy.

I don't like fighting propaganda wars, personally. We're all just in dog training school at this point in the game. And it is a game.
Is your point that if you don't know anyone who has died from COVID-19 that it's not a big deal to you? Did you feel that way about 9/11 victims?

·
Marked safe from the TP famine of 2020.
18,316 Posts
Yes, it is more obvious every day that the Left has taken advantage of this virus, which, in reality isn't that dangerous to anyone in reasonably good health. They are using it to see just how far they can push the American population into doing what they want. That is why the mask thing is pushed harder than social distancing and hand washing. You can't really quantify hand washing, or, social distancing, but, you sure can with masks. According to the WHO, it is estimated that 10%, or, more of the world population already has had this virus. That means that the survival rate is around 99.9%. Because of a bad cold, we have done a wonderful job of killing small business and doing much psychological damage to the population. I have seen 20 somethings cry, uncontrollably when they learn that a healthy sibling has tested positive because they have been led to believe that a positive test is next to a death sentence. I know one person who had a relative who died with COVID. Of course, that person had end stage COPD, but, hey, that isn't mentioned when cause of death is written. I have known a few people who had it. They were from early 20's to their mid 80's. The worst case was from a 50 year old diabetic who said it felt like a car parked on his chest, but never had to be hospitalized. His parents, in their 80's barely had symptoms, just felt a little off for a few days. The younger ones were doing outdoor chores when they found out they had it. We need to stop the Leftist drama and stop living in fear.

·
18,316 Posts
Is your point that if you don't know anyone who has died from COVID-19 that it's not a big deal to you? Did you feel that way about 9/11 victims?
If a terrorist attacks you, you are much more likely to die than if you get this virus.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
My point is that I live in an extremely populated part of the country - you've been in southern California, you know how it is. My husband and all but one of my relatives, all of my friends and neighbors have been physically going into work this entire time, and the ONLY person I know who has even tested positive for Covid-19 is in another country. No one at my husband's workplace has tested positive (it's a very large workplace with people working in the field with the general public). None of the oldsters - you know, the ones dropping dead all over the place - at my MIL's church have tested positive, gotten sick, or keeled over. I haven't even heard of friends of friends or relatives of friends who tested positive.

If this was a deadly pandemic, you'd think I'd know more than one person who even minimally tested positive at this point. And that one person, although elderly and in a supposedly high risk group, spent 3 days in bed, was treated with aspirin and a round of steroids and fully recovered. You'd think I'd have at least heard of someone who someone else knows that tested positive, got sick, was in the hospital, anything. I haven't.

This isn't a deadly plague. It's just not.

ETA, I lived near the Pentagon and personally knew people who died during 9/11. So, no, I think 9/11 was much, much worse than this farce. But thanks for asking.

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
So, again, what does that have to do with a person's ideology?
Wouldn't it, or shouldn't it be more of an issue of humanity?

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
But you are much more likely to die from COVID-19 than a terrorist attack.
Not if you're minimally healthy and not near the end of the average human lifespan.

·
18,316 Posts
But you are much more likely to die from COVID-19 than a terrorist attack.
So? You are more likely to die from hundreds rent things than a terrorist attack. It is highly unlikely that I will die from Ebola, but, if it were circulating in the American population, I would stay home for as long as it takes. Why? because if I were to get it, there is a high probability that I will die from it. The same reason I won't be visiting any terrorist camps. This souped up cold just isn't that dangerous on an individual basis.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
My point is that I live in an extremely populated part of the country - you've been in southern California, you know how it is. My husband and all but one of my relatives, all of my friends and neighbors have been physically going into work this entire time, and the ONLY person I know who has even tested positive for Covid-19 is in another country. No one at my husband's workplace has tested positive (it's a very large workplace with people working in the field with the general public). None of the oldsters - you know, the ones dropping dead all over the place - at my MIL's church have tested positive, gotten sick, or keeled over. I haven't even heard of friends of friends or relatives of friends who tested positive.

If this was a deadly pandemic, you'd think I'd know more than one person who even minimally tested positive at this point. And that one person, although elderly and in a supposedly high risk group, spent 3 days in bed, was treated with aspirin and a round of steroids and fully recovered. You'd think I'd have at least heard of someone who someone else knows that tested positive, got sick, was in the hospital, anything. I haven't.

This isn't a deadly plague. It's just not.

ETA, I lived near the Pentagon and personally knew people who died during 9/11. So, no, I think 9/11 was much, much worse than this farce. But thanks for asking.
I live in a very rural area. Two people on my road contracted it. The mother not wanting to listen about being careful gave it to her daughter. Her daughter said she's never been so sick in her life and was knocking on the door of hospitalization. It's been nearly two months and she still is not fully recovered.

·
Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....?
78,895 Posts

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
That's turning out to be not as true as first thought.
Really? Even according the the CDC numbers, if you're under 70 and somewhat healthy, your odds of dying from this are less than your odds of dying from random weird acts of God. I'm pretty sure I'm much more likely to die in a fiery crash on the freeway here on any given day. I should probably stop driving completely.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts