Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was gonna ask this on the politics forum but they said there were NO posts there, and I didn't have permission to put one there.

·
Super Moderator
13,672 Posts
In the U.S. primaries are always the first Tuesday of November. Oklahoma as most states has its poll hours set at 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I have been a judge 36 years in a very Republican county. I do think our county clerks office is honest and do a good job.

It seems tho, like it takes forever to get a person's name off the rolls, whether they had died or moved away. Sometimes it takes several years.

While most of you will be still sleeping at 3;30 am, I'll be up getting ready!

·
Premium Member
5,745 Posts
I voted last week.

Reactions: TxMex

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I was gonna ask this on the politics forum but they said there were NO posts there, and I didn't have permission to put one there.
All you have to do to read and post on the politics forum is to ask AngieM2 to let you in. Everyone in there had to, it's a by request only forum.

·
Premium Member
25,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I dont watch TV, and being retired, after awhile you lose track of which day is which.

I could think that all those who wernt in the service shouldn't be voting either, but I don't.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Conservatives vote tomorrow. Liberals vote Wednesday :D

Good one! I heard the Lib slogan was "Vote EARLY, and vote OFTEN"!! :facepalm:
I voted this morning, but I'm only gonna do it once, I swear! :D
I hope everyone gets out there and votes. Let your voice be heard!

Mama, I go to the political forum all the time. There's some good people on there. We speak our minds, but at the end of the day, I think we'd all agree that we're pretty much friends. I still respect the folks I don't agree with, and I'm so glad we CAN speak our minds with each other there.

Bill, you have to send a message to Angie to be able to join in on the political forum. So many people were going there on their own, and then getting offended and complaining, that now you have to ask to go there. THEN if you get offended and have to squawk, it's on YOU.
I hope you DO go vote tomorrow Bill, you have every right to, along with every other American who's eligible.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
I have a problem with voting, last year our county voted to end an extra school tax that had been standing since 1957 adding hundres of dollars to our property tax on top of the regular school tax, it was voted down and 6 months later they re posted it on the ballet and this time it passed so back to the higher school tax. So I guess its ok if you dont like the out come of a vote to just re do it untill the powers that be get what they want. The other issue I have is its all talk with politicians but once they get in office with the others that have been in office for ever the sweet words they preached just seem to vanish. I dont know that I will waste the gas money tomorrow. I am pretty discussed with all of it. Now unless someone wants to buy my vote and give me a ride Im staying home on this one.

·
Premium Member
25,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Focast. The same people and neighbors who voted the tax down, are the same ones who voted again for it. Did the county KNOW the people were going to vote for it the second time? I doubt it. Seems that IF the people enjoyed the lower tax, they would have repeatedly voted to keep it down.
Perhaps you and others who think like you thought that once it was down, IF it came up again for vote, that those who HAD took the time and gas to vote would again keep it down. AND they wernt enough.

Ill be getting out in the rain to go vote as soon as ive had breakfast.

·
Super Moderator
13,672 Posts
Bill,

Don't sweat it. As we all retire many of us tend to trade our watches in for our calendars and if we do our retirement right many time we end up wondering where months and on a larger scale years slipped off to as we enjoy our days. That's why I keep election days in my daily thinking from the middle of May and October with discussion added to my newspaper exposure since retiring because my daily activities now are so jacked out of media exposure sometime I actually enjoy the pleasure of forgetting our chimps tea social in D.C. until I peruse my morning paper over my first cup of coffee for the day.

Forcast,

I bet you know like many of us that there is never a "temporary tax" at least in the most recent century.

15 years or so back we had a temporary school tax from the 1970s expire and the state education association pushed to renew it and voters defeated it in the referendum vote.

What did voting a 1 mil school tax down get us? the state education association and school board convinced the governor in their hip pocket at the time to restructure the property tax appraisal schedule so our property was reassessed every two years instead of the 8 year schedule it had been so schools get an extra mil every two years instead of once every 8. Your dinged if you do and dinged if you don't, but if you vote at least there's record of those not happy being :hammer: by the administrations as they pull end run dings on us when we don't agree with them:)

Vote and do it with pride since for most of us our one vote is the only political capital we have to spend. Our governor who end run dinged us on the temp tax paid the price as we voted him and some school board members out of office 6 months later and the following year got our property assessments extended to 4 years as a compromise solution since tar and feathers and rail rides are no longer in fashion. :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts