Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Ladycat, thank you for honoring our soldiers.

It's so easy to love them but it's terrible to watch them go. My soldier son is getting ready to be deployed again in the next few months.

WVstuck, thank you for the prayers.

Jan

·
Premium Member
6,001 Posts
My son is due in on leave toward the end of this month.
Ed

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Yes,Thanks Ladycat, all of us need to honor our troops and keep them in our prayers every day. They are fighting the thugs,murderers and terrorist over seas, so we won't have to fight them here. Everyone of those terrorist our soldiers take out or bring to justice over there,is one less ,if given the chance would just love to, in the name of Allah,Fly another 747 loaded with innocent Americans in to whatever would cause the most deaths and distruction. If my vote is worth anything,my hats off to our soldiers and my vote is to kill every terrorist that don't give themselves up.

Every one of you folks that have family thats been to war,going to war,or coming back from war, Tell them I thank them and their familys from the bottom of my heart. Eddie

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Well, I'm glad I looked at that BEFORE I put my makeup on :Bawling: That shot of the soldier looking at his newborn child's pic on the computer screen...sigh.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I was around several young people (friends of my kids) this Christmas break on leave from the military for the holidays. Great kids. Some had just started their basic training, came home for a few days and heading back again.

My DS heads for army training for 30 wks in 16 days. SIL leaves for Iraq in February. DD is also in the Army.

Yesterday, was paying my cell phone bill and the young lady helping me said her sister was back for just 18 days for the holidays. Back from duty in Iraq and then heading right back again.

I know there were a lot of families who didn't get to see their loved ones over the holidays. Ladycat, your post is a wonderful reminder to keep them all in our prayers.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
My neice is home, attending college, after serving 2 tours in Iraq. Finds it very hard to listen to all the whining. They are struggling financely for her to attend school as her husband found a job, then broke his ankle. We need to remember all our military, here and abroad...

·
Uber Tuber
6,287 Posts
My daughter is in Iraq now, Army. She had a hard time with the whining too last time she was home. Neighbor didn't like the noise our hens make. She wanted to march over there and tell him to "grow some skin"!

·
CF, Classroom & Books Mod
9,934 Posts
Before Christmas, I had the honor of meeting three young men from our area who are deployed out of CFB Shilo -- 20 miles from my back door. I met them through my involvement with our local Christmas Parade. Our theme this year was "peace on earth", and I felt that the doves and flowers and creches would be done, but that at least ONE float needed to recognize the sacrifices being made by our young people, and called the families of these young men to see if they would be so kind as to give up one of their rare free Saturday evenings and come to ride on a military themed float, in uniform, and let the people of our town see REAL soldiers who would soon be re-deployed overseas.

These young men were three of the most incredibly polite, upstanding young people I have met in many years. The way they carried themselves, the way they spoke to others, everything bespoke of respect and strength. Seeing this in young men who were only in their early twenties -- one of whom was actually only JUST 19, made me re-evaluate my opinion of young people in general, and what they are truly capable of.

Two of the young men in question are now in Kandahar. I pray for their safe return, and I pray for their families peace of mind.

The best way for people to get a clue about what is truly going on in this world is for them to have a real conversation with a real soldier. Until then, it's news -- generally from a television set where we more usually watch DRAMA, and can accept what we're seeing as such -- something that intellectually, we accept as reality, but really have no context in which to put it.

If every FREE citizen of the western world was able to have a one hour conversation with a soldier who has actually BEEN there, and in many cases is about to return for a second, third or more tour of duty, there would be a lot more support for, and a lot less judgement of, our troops.

My own son, at 15, has expressed repeatedly an interest in joining the military. I've never felt so torn. As his mother, the LAST thing I want is his putting himself in harm's way. But also as his mother, I couldn't be more proud of this upstanding young man and his willingness to put himself in harm's way for the benefit of others.

My nephew is currently serving, and I couldn't be more proud of him, either. Having never served myself, I know that I cannot possibly understand what they go through, but as a citizen of the country that they serve, I can thank them for their sacrifice, whether I agree with the WAR or not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts