Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,250 Posts
Depends on what you want it for, I guess. You can get wheat at the Co-op stores, or from some of the farmers that grow it, or small amounts at some health food stores.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
I was part of a group order that came directly from Wheat Montana a few times a year that I found from a Google search. Maybe you could contact Wheat Montana and see if they are delivering to anyone in your area? The truck literally dropped off at her house and we all picked up there. GL!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for telling me about Coosa Valley Milling I don't live to far from there. I will be calling them this week. Halfpint have you ever bought from them before? I have looked at breadbecker.com before I think their prices are to high.

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
Thanks for telling me about Coosa Valley Milling I don't live to far from there. I will be calling them this week. Halfpint have you ever bought from them before? I have looked at breadbecker.com before I think their prices are to high.
Cindy;Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I was on a ski trip and missed a little over a week on the board. Yes we have purchased from them, but I don't usually purchase my wheat there. We do often purchase chicken feed and supplies from them, and I have taught the two sons in home school co-ops, and my son was their piano teacher when they took lessons so I know the family and they are great people.

I get together with a group and we usually do a bulk purchase from Wheat Montana about every 7-8 years. I have enough wheat now for about 3-4 years, and have cut back a lot since my two sons have moved out and my daughter has had problems from yeast, so what I have may last a little longer and it will probably be several years before I order again. If I hear of an order in the area, I'll put a notice up on the survival board so anyone else in this area will know of it.

Dawn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts