What's your worming schedule?

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Caprice Acres, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Caprice Acres

Caprice Acres AKA "mygoat" Staff Member Supporter

First, what would be the dosage for 1% injectible ivermectin for goats?
    Second, what schedule does everyone follow for worming?

2. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Depending on who you ask it is 1 cc per 30 pounds or 1cc per 50 pounds. I use 1 cc ivomec inj plus per 50 pounds. Deworming is when they need it, at least at freshening, imo. I have two Alpines that need it about quarterly. For them I roate the ivomec w/ tha alfalfa based stuff.

3. TexCountryWoman

TexCountryWoman Gig'em

I bumped up the thread "Need opions on dewormers" by "6e" and there I have posted the wormers and doses I use. If a goat is new to my farm or i know it is wormy, i worm every 21 days to break the life cycle of the worms for 2-3 times. I use cydectin the day the doe kids. I use Ivermectin during pregnancy, Valbezen for kids under 4 months. Kids are wormed every 3 weeks with valbazen until they are 4 months old and then given cydectin.

4. Caprice Acres

Caprice Acres AKA "mygoat" Staff Member Supporter

OK well I dont think I need to worm as everyone is healthy looking/acting. But what about preggo does? Is ivermec ok for them too? I do have some pelleted wormer...positive pellet... which says it's ok for all goat classes with no withdrawls and stuff. I have used that to a good effect on a buck of mine.