What's yer poison?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by snoozy, Jun 9, 2005.

What category best describes your habit?

1. I don't do any of this stuff

2. Serious caffeine

3. Occasional alcohol

4. Serious alcohol

5. Occasional marijuana

6. Frequent marijuana

7. Other illegal substances which shall remain nameless...

8. Most of the above

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. snoozy

snoozy Well-Known Member Supporter

If you need to add tobacco, just do it as a post. I wanted to keep the poll simple...

2. Jen H

Jen H Well-Known Member

I can only pick one!

Ok, serious caffeine - the world just does not make sense without it.

Occasional alcohol - I normally have a glass of wine or beer at night but it's not necessary.

3. bgood

bgood Member

CAFFIENE!!! I loves me some coffee. I consume what would be considered about 24 cups a day. I'll sleep when I die. :)

4. manygoatsnmore

manygoatsnmore Well-Known Member Supporter

If you had a category for intermittent caffeine use, that would be mine. I can go weeks without it, or drink Mt. Dew/coffee daily. Just depends on my mood and how many night shifts I need to work! So, I guess I have to say none of the choices listed.

5. boxwoods

boxwoods Well-Known Member

None of the above! I do drink 2 cups of coffee in the morning. Is that serious? :)

6. starjj

starjj Well-Known Member Supporter

I think I am boring :haha: I don't do any of these. I never liked coffee after the first time I tired it and caffeine in any form is bad for you so other than chocolate (which has serious caffeine in it) I had to answer none of the above since I try to limit my chocolate intake.

7. RedneckWoman

RedneckWoman Well-Known Member

Serious caffeine and cigarettes. I have to have at least two pots of coffee in the morning to even consider functioning lol. I don't think I drink enough alky anymore to even be considered occasional.

8. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

...............I have 2 or 3 , 16oz. cups every morning . Quit smoking cigars when I reached 44 back in 1990. Don't miss the stink or bad breath at all . fordy.. :)

9. caberjim

caberjim Stableboy III

Do you get headaches if you do not get your caffine by 9:30? If so, that is serious caffination.

Must.....have.....diet soda........now!!!!

10. cloverfarm

cloverfarm Well-Known Member

Caffeine. 3 pots of coffee a day, breakfast, dinner and supper.

Anything else is too expensive

Ann

11. snoozy

snoozy Well-Known Member Supporter

I didn't put "Occasional caffeine" because it just didn't seem significant -- and now that I think about it, though I put myself in the serious caffeine category, I usually only have a pot of tea in the morning and one in the afternoon. Well, and often a mid-morning pot...But though I do appreciate the pick-me-up, it's not about getting a caffeine buzz.

And I am sorry, chocoholics, I neglected chocolate as an option -- I don't think of it as the same sort of "poison" ... I don't like it, so I don't even think about it! :haha:

12. hollym

hollym Well-Known Member

I love coffee, the taste, the smell, and the way it wakes up my brain.

Drink red wine occasionally, drink a liqueur very occasionally, and in Texas it's a law that you drink iced tea!

hollym

13. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

I drink Diet Coke from beginning to end of day. Heck, I even take a glass of it with me when I go to bed in case I need a drink during the night. Have tried to kick the caffeine habit and it wasn't worth the horrible headaches.

Many MANY years ago I would've had to mark "most of the above" on the poll, but caffeine does the trick for me in my old age.

Well, the occassional splash of Bourbon does find it's way into my Diet Coke. ;)

14. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

My next years kids have names already.....Coffee and Brandy.....I had a goat that loved beer....my hubby used to go down to the barn and share one with her on hot days!!!

15. wy0mn

wy0mn Transplanted RedNeck

Wife calls me a 'functional alcoholic'. Apparently she has known the other kind in the past.
    I drink beer, LOTS OF BEER, but I also weigh 148 pounds & ride a bicycle to work daily. (Yes, by choice, not by license revocation! Ten miles round trip.)
    I also use snuff at work, but not at home. A tin might last me about a week and a half.
    I find I'm also addicted to my wife, and the profiles of other ladies when shes not looking. ;)
    Always wanted to try pot, but that joker Clinton let me down, I felt for sure he'd legalise it. (Can't gamble my Commercial Drivers License.)

16. mama2littleman

mama2littleman El Paso

There are not nearly enough choices here!

I drink about a pot of coffee a day (Starbucks espresso roast)

I have an occasional drink (A glass of wine or two every week or so, and I'm a sucker for a good pina colada)

ANd unfortunately, I smoke about 1/2 a pack a day (I'm working on quitting though. I have a date set for september, I figure by then things should calm down here somewhat and I'll be less likely to revert to smoking as a stress control tool)

Nikki

17. SilverVista

SilverVista Well-Known Member

sigh....found a little espresso machine with a steamer attachment really cheap at a 2nd hand store, so I've got to have my double latte before 7:30 am or get outta my way! Love it when you can feel the caffeine entering your system through the skin on your lips before you even swallow..... :no:

18. coalroadcabin

coalroadcabin Well-Known Member

coffee and cigarettes--unfortunately, that's my 'breakfast of champions' :eek:

19. GRHE

GRHE Mountain Ogre

I really don't think that Mountain Dew via an IV is a serious issue with caffeine? I only have a few ticks these days..

20. roughingit

roughingit knitwit

Not a one! Don't drink soda, booze, smoke or any of that crap!

Don't think I'm drinking enough water for it to be a poison (after all anything's poisonous in the right amounts!). College student to boot, guess I'm just boring! :haha: