What's This??

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Tadpole, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Tadpole

Tadpole Tadpole

I found one of my does with blood on her back side. She isn't swelled at all. Just red blood like her (period). I have never seen this. Is this something I should be worried about? You think she has aborted her baby? What? This is new to me.

2. Ark

Ark Well-Known Member

When was she bred?

3. Tadpole

Tadpole Tadpole

I'm not sure if she was bred. I just got her about 7 weeks ago. I know she could have been.

4. susanne

susanne Nubian dairy goat breeder

is there any chance to ask the previous owner if and how long this doe was bred? sounds like abortion to me too.

5. mammawof3

mammawof3 Well-Known Member

When they abort,at far enough along ,you will find a bloody backend, really early abortions you may not notice anything--if she is "uddered" up-i would go look around for a kid! (if i had no idea if/when she was bred etc.)

6. Tadpole

Tadpole Tadpole

Had a friend come today and they said that he had the same thing happen after Kitrina hit us last year. He said one of the others could have horned her and made her have to abort. I'm sure that she was not to for along tho. We looked and I looked for a little one yesterday but, nothing. He said that's the way they do when they abort. Also told me to give her 5 cc pen and said in 3 days give her another 2 cc. So that's what I'll do. She seems to be doing fine now but, still a little blood not much tho like it was yesterday. So hopefully she is on the road to getting better.

7. Sweet Goats

Sweet Goats Cashmere goats

It sounds like what one of my doaes did when she aborted. I took the fetas in to the vet to see how far along she was, and it was about 4-6 weeks.