Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at a serving. I ate 16 ONCE. Ive ate a doz maybe a doz times. I, nowadays, when I have them and feel the urge will eat 8, but for usually, its 4 if I have them for breakfast.

That's ALL I eat for breakfast. 4 eggs.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I can eat a dozen in one sitting no problem... As long as its been made into deviled eggs or egg salad. Perfect for days when I'm moving a few yards of dirt, manure, or compost around!

·
Have a Great Day!
5,197 Posts
Between the age of 21, and 31-I was a competitive Powerlifter. I needed to eat a substantial amount of protein daily. I would crack a dozen eggs in a non-stick skillet, remove 9 yolks, and whisk the remainder into scrambled eggs. Along with this, I would drink about a liter of skim milk, and eat 4 slices of dry whole grain toast.
Today, I eat about 6 or 7 eggs scrambled, with a little cheese, black pepper, and buttered wheat toast. I have Buff, and Bantam Crosses-and my eggs are medium sized. I normally eat eggs for breakfast/lunch about 3 times a week.
My Golden Retriever 'Buster Brown', is an egg suckin' dog. When I am doing barn chores, and gathering eggs-he sits patiently for his egg (he gets one daily). If I try to walk away without giving him one, he barks loudly!

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Between the age of 21, and 31-I was a competitive Powerlifter. I needed to eat a substantial amount of protein daily. I would crack a dozen eggs in a non-stick skillet, remove 9 yolks, and whisk the remainder into scrambled eggs. Along with this, I would drink about a liter of skim milk, and eat 4 slices of dry whole grain toast.
Today, I eat about 6 or 7 eggs scrambled, with a little cheese, black pepper, and buttered wheat toast. I have Buff, and Bantam Crosses-and my eggs are medium sized. I normally eat eggs for breakfast/lunch about 3 times a week.
My Golden Retriever 'Buster Brown', is an egg suckin' dog. When I am doing barn chores, and gathering eggs-he sits patiently for his egg (he gets one daily). If I try to walk away without giving him one, he barks loudly!
I have a lab/German shepherd mix named buster brown.
He, too, likes eggs.

·
Premium Member
25,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whut we have hier, is a failua to communicate.

Katie, U eat that many, I don't wanna be around you for a week lol.
Dieveled eggs are only 1/2 an egg.

When I get my chickens, they'll likely molt for quite awhile. When they start producing again, and I cant keep up with them, ill feed them back to the chickens what I don't eat.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
Fresh out of high school in the 60s us country boys went to Indianapolis for jobs. We had nothing to do on the weekend so had competitions. Bill and I were on our 8th day with no sleep on a Saturday morning we entered a diner and Bill ordered "a dozen eggs, a pound of bacon,a loaf of toast and a pot of coffee" Not to be outdone as the waitress was leaving I said "I'll have the same,cream and sugar for the coffee please".
It took 4 hours but we ate it all. A normal breakfast was $1.50 and we spent over $20 but it was funny! A cop sitting at the counter close enough to hear our conversation had picked up on our 8 days without sleep and ordered us to go home and get some sleep!
Things you do in your youth!

Wade

1 - 9 of 9 Posts