Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Loving My Life...
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a chilly 27* (our high for the day).... and a snow storm heading our direction....

I've got the cast iron dutch over full of venison stew & a loaf of homemade bread baking now....

It smells sooooo good in here...

·
Registered
576 Posts
that sounds so good!!!
will be leftovers here, or take out if not enough leftover! im gonna have to go pick up my 18 month old grandson for the night as his mother is sick with flu bug so i wont be cooking, i probably wont be doin much of anything but havin fun with Holten!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I just put chili in the crockpot. Maybe I'll try to make some yeast rolls to go with it... if I'm feeling ambitious. ;)

On a side note, in an attempt to eat healthier -- we've had chicken for dinner every night this week... so I was ready for a change! I need to work on expanding my "healthy" menu. :)

~Ashley

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Friday night is pizza night at our house. Tonight everyone gets to make their own little pizza, topped anyway they want. I'll probably open a can of pineapple and if family wants dessert, they can make some jello or pudding this afternoon. I am getting to that heavy and tired stage of pregnancy and my blood pressure is on the rise, so from here on out meals aren't going to be super elaborate.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
i want to make beef wellington..but i have to get more ingredients

·
Premium Member
6,431 Posts
tis Friday night pizza night, here, too. I have the usual for hub. for me...lots of cheese, spinach, black olives...YUM!

tomorrow I'm making stuffed cabbage rolls. I have 2 heads of cabbage, so I'll have lots...come on over! homemade bread is planned, too.

we have the snowstorm rolling in............so.........all you can do is eat. (OK...hub doesn't totally agree, soooo maybe a little lovin, too!) we will be totally home bound, and I love that. :)

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
DH is gone so me, DS and his friend are heading out for fastfood and a movie! Tomorrow it will probably be beef enchiladas or some other dinner that DH doesn't like!

·
Premium Member
4,353 Posts
eggplant parmesean. Salad. Crossing Europe for Scottish shortbread for dessert.

Cindyc.

·
Original recipe!
14,044 Posts
We did home made pizza a few days ago, so tonight I think I will concoct some sort of crunchy baked chicken and tomato sauce thingie.. I have some baked breasts that I can cut off the bone and roll in itialian breads crumbs or something... maybe a type of chicken lasagna.

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
Beans cooked with a nice ham bone, kale, and onions, with fresh homemade bread. Ginger cookies for dessert (OK, I've already eaten dessert. LOL!)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I have been craving fish sticks and macaroni and cheese. LOL on the way home from work stopped at the store and got the fish sticks and makings for mac and cheese. I haven't had either in a couple of years and for some reason they've been in my thoughts all week.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Lemon garlic chicken baked over potatoes and onions. I'm using fresh rosemary and oregano. Side dish will be steamed brussel sprouts.

·
Black Cat Farm
1,357 Posts
Wow, pizza is popular on Friday nights!

DH and I are going to attempt to make our own sushi rolls for the first time ever! For this first try, we're just doing California-type rolls (veggies and cooked stuff). Hope it comes out good - this will give us license to pig out on sushi more often!

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
We're having a casserole made with leftover Thanksgiving turkey, penne, spaghetti sauce and grated sharp cheddar across the top. For a side we're having collard greens cooked down in a cast iron chicken fryer until they're almost fried. I hope Hubby likes this. I'll soon know.

ETA: Pretty good. Sometimes a well thought out throw together turns out to be a good dish. Collards didn't seem to go along with the pasta dish but they were just the thing. Not to brag. LOL

Jan

·
Premium Member
3,406 Posts
I hit the "clearance" section in the bakery today and they had Italian loafs of bread for 90 cents... i got two and sliced in half, dug out the inards and have made "FRENCH" bread pizza's outta them!:) CANT WAIT

toppings here range from Italian sausage, peperoni, ham, black olives, green peppers, mushrooms and of course CHEESE

1 - 20 of 22 Posts