Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a hambone that I left lots of meat on, so it is simmering in the crockpot with split peas, onions, celery, carrots...smells sooooo good already. making a big skillet of cornbread. maybe either carmelized bananas or hot chunky cinnimon applesauce. whew..it's only 13 degrees. I'm on a hot chocolate break, and I just started up the woodstove. (suddenly realized it was getting cold in here...only 54!) hoping it cozies up soon!! :)

·
1/2 bubble off plumb
8,811 Posts
Picked up an egg plant at the store over the weekend. It's in need of being used fast, so I think I'll layer it into a lasagna. Feeling lazy, so I'll skip any meat (I'm making dinner now) as I didn't bother to think about dinner ahead of time today so all the meat is frozen.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
pork ribs with sour kraut and apples, dirty potatoes, and mashed, buttered hubbard squash, with oatmeal cookies and egg nog for dessert while we decorate the tree.

·
Wrangler's Roost
551 Posts
Had Beef Stew last night......with beef, potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, corn, green beans, a can of rotel tomatoes/jalepenos, beef broth.........an a loaf of sourdough bread was great now that I think of it sounds like what I will have for lunch too .......hahahahahahaa

·
sweet_mae
820 Posts
We are having pinto beans and ham hocks, corn bread, fried potatos and chocolate chip and also peanut butter cookies for desert.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
In the crockpot I have some deer tenderloin covered with cream of mushroom soup and mushrooms. I plan to make smashed potates and cook some peas. We will have either water or coffee to drink.

SGG-Jan

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
I enjoy these whats for supper threads-------this one made me realize how hungry for corn bread I am.Tonite tho it will be cod, peas, boiled spuds, and apple sauce.Corn bread tomorrow for sure.

·
Premium Member
42,693 Posts
We will be having chili again tonite, and prolly tommorow too. Its always better the second day. Thinking about bakin some biscuits to smother with the chili instead of crackers. my chili hasnt won any prizes like some one elses has, ;) but we manage to choke it down anyway. :)

1 - 20 of 69 Posts