Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
23,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A windy day here in SE Ohio. While it started out a bit sunny, it is starting to spit snow. I have an elk roast with turnips, carrots, celery and onion baking in theoven, I also made two loaves of oatmeal bread, spinach calzones, and we have iced tea to drink. For dessert there is still a pumpkin pie in the fridge. Today is the first day of deer shotgun season, so the guys are all out hunting.

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
We are having Cowboy soup with homemade cornbread.

Cowboy Soup
1lb ground beef (we use ground venison)
1 can Rotel
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can creamed corn
1 can mixed vegetables
1 onion
Spanish rice

This is a very cheap dinner. If you have an Aldi you can get everything (except the meat) for less than $2.00. It makes quite a lot, we usually have leftovers for lunch the next day.

·
Premium Member
18,153 Posts
Turkey, stuffing, mashed taters, gravy, yams, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce.....again.

·
Premium Member
1,863 Posts
Reuben sandwiches on homemade rye, chips, homemade dill pickles, and fruit salad made with grapes, apples, celery, walnuts, raisins and vanilla yogurt. Mmmmm. The rest of the turkey has gone into the freezer for now!

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Spinach stuffed pasta leftovers. Or if I am really lucky my wife will stop and get Chinese food on the way home! I have a training and won;t be home til late.

However; more likely leftovers, rent is due and christmas is coming fast so we have other uses set aside for our spending money.

·
Also known as Jean
1,509 Posts
Leftover turkey etc! We have nearly 1/2 the bird left. I can't get my children to eat it!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Leftover Turkey Tetrazzini made from leftover turkey... how pathetic is that? Leftovers of leftovers. :eek:

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover
Leftover Turkey Tetrazzini made from leftover turkey... how pathetic is that? Leftovers of leftovers.

LOL...'tis the season!

Boy is it ever. From now until after the new year leftovers is what the menu is about.:D

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
No turkey here... sent a supper plate home with all who came to Thanksgiving dinner... we had two left over meals here and were done.

Tonight, it was just me and the kid... getting back to the normal routine, and to celebrate that we had a steak, garlic mashed potatoes, broccoli and 'fried' apples. Twas yummy.

Brownies in the oven for after Boy Scouts.

dawn

·
Premium Member
42,690 Posts
Leftover turkey etc! We have nearly 1/2 the bird left. I can't get my children to eat it!
Its obvious you have plenty of other treats they like better. Kids will eat most anything when they get a bit hungry. :)

We are having beef stirfry over rice tonite. For dessert, leftover rice under beef stirfry. ;)

1 - 20 of 82 Posts