Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
writing some wrongs
6,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope I didn't miss a recent thread...anyway...mine is so good tonight I thought I'd start the thread again. :D

MMMMMmmmmm....bean soup! Pinto beans with onions, garlic, celery, carrots, hog jowls and pepper cooked all day in the crockpot! I just had a bowl, and WOW is it yummy! Hard to believe it's so cheap to make!

Hm...I think I'll go make some biscuits to go with it. I've been on a biscuit kick lately!

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Welll.............confession time...........Dh is out of town, and I broke two bones in my foot yesterday, so the kids and I are eating peanut butter sandwiches and popcorn. DH would faint, LOL.

Yours sounds good, though!

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
RockyGlen - Ouch!!

We are having leftover Italian sausages that I cooked on the grill yesterday, pasta salad with tomatoes and peppers from the garden, and some cantalope.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Boneless pork chops (Thanks Pat whose freezer got left open and she shared her loss/largesse!) creamed corn, green beans, asparagus and parts of a Cadbury bunny for snack!
Yummmmmy that bean soup sounds really good, too! And biscuits.... tho I have to admit, I would probably go the cornbread route, I don't know what it is with cornbread and beans that make everything okay! (Until a couple of hours later and the 2 big boys and DH are letting off room clearing toots! LOL)

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
Beef stew, fried okra, cream corn(from garden), green beans, onion and corn bread.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ouch is right! A broken foot is so painful. Hope you're keeping it up on a soft pillow.

I was going to skip supper tonight but realized I had thawed some chicken and needed to cook it, so I made a big ole pot of chicken and dumplins Imagine that, a huge pot full for one person. hehe I'll take the rest to my folks tomorrow.
ScrappyNana

·
wendys_goats
398 Posts
To tired after I got home from work and did chores so I did a fast and cheap meal.
Fried egg sandwiches (toasted) with lettuce and tomatoe and corn on the cob from the garden. Washed down with a big icey cold glass of goats milk.

·
Canning Crazy
2,332 Posts
Left over chicken shredded into bbq sauce and grilled potatoes. Cookies for dessert with water/pepsi.

Tammy

·
23,497 Posts
Yesterday before church I put a turkey in the oven and a potato/cheese casserole. Along with this I had corn on the cob, biscuits, applesauce, sliced tomatoes and cucumbers, and homemade ice cream with sliced peaches for dessert. Melvin (Kadia's fiance) came home with us from church, I invited Roy over from church also and Brady's friend Sam was here too. We had a nice afternoon and had other company that dropped in. Our house is always a busy place!

Today we had leftover turkey so I made turkey salad for sandwiches, a pasta salad, and I picked a big ripe cantaloupe from the garden. We had tea to drink.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.