Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
23,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I had a beef roast with potatoes, carrots, onions and yellow squash. I tried a new biscuit recipe using sweet potatoes and they were awesome.

Today I think I will make a pot of vegetable soup, and probably an apple crisp for dessert.

edited to add: I did make the soup, and with it we had garlic bread, peach and honey sauce, sliced cucumbers and chocolate pudding. I was going to make apple crisp but only had one stick of butter to last until I go to the grocery store so I thought I had better save it. Then my brother stopped by with some money he owed me, so now I can go to the grocery store tomorrow! Things always work out.

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts
I'm doing a stir fry with fresh garden things and some leftover roast beef. Of course always some cucumbers in ranch dressing this time of year :)

6,637 Posts
the local store had drum sticks on sale for $.89 per pound. I bought a few lbs. A member here told me to melt a stick of butter, and mix 3/4 cup of franks redhot sauce with it. I bake a dozen drum sticks in that for an hour.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
michiganfarmer said:
the local store had drum sticks on sale for $.89 per pound. I bought a few lbs. A member here told me to melt a stick of butter, and mix 3/4 cup of franks redhot sauce with it. I bake a dozen drum sticks in that for an hour.
That sounds good. I will have to try that. Hubby will like the larger and meatier chicken pieces. LOL He likes wings but says there's not enough to them. :p Drumsticks are his favorite piece of the chicken too. Thanks for sharing.

Tonight we will have spaghetti with a tossed salad.

southrngardngal-jan

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
The store had country style ribs on sale for 99 cents a pound yesterday, so I bought a big package. Freeze half, and put the rest in the crockpot with some barbecue sauce. Will be falling off the bone tender. Throw a couple of potatoes in there and maybe some canned green beans out of the pantry.

·
Metal melter
7,152 Posts
I'm going to pull my garlic today, so whatever we have tonight will probably be very garlic-laden! There is plenty of eggplant, zucchini, and yellow squash ready, so I'll make some sort of concoction with those ingredients. Maybe I'll dig a few potatoes too and bake all of the goodies with some parmesan cheese and olive oil.

Oh, yeah...there are lots of green beans and cucumbers ready too. Hubby's gonna be happy with supper tonight (he's not a big meat-eater).

6,637 Posts
SteveD(TX) said:
The store had country style ribs on sale for 99 cents a pound yesterday, so I bought a big package. Freeze half, and put the rest in the crockpot with some barbecue sauce. Will be falling off the bone tender. Throw a couple of potatoes in there and maybe some canned green beans out of the pantry.
Yanno, a crock pot is an awsome piece of equipment. I dont know why I can never remember to fill that thing before I go to work

great deal on the ribs too!

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
We are having steamed squash and onions, mixed veggies,con on the cob (if ears ready) Salmon patties, and sliced tomatoes. Can you tell the garden is coming in?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Well, my mom got back from Nicarauga this weekend, so she bought us Zaxby's last night to thank us for all we did at her house while she was gone.

Tonight, Dh is getting home early, so he is going to grill burgers. I'll probably bake some beans and make a salad. And we'll have his fav dessert, strawberry cheesecake.

Rachael

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
:bouncy: :bouncy: Cooking ham, string beans and potatoes with a hint of onion and tomato for added flavor; one of my favorite one pot meals.

·
Premium Member
6,395 Posts
Mashed yellow squash, zucchini cooked with onions and worchester, cucumbers, onions and tomatoes in a vinagrette and deviled eggs.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Tonight we are having pork chops smothered in sauerkraut, hash brown potatoes, cornbread muffins and lemon squares for dessert.
:stirpot:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts