What's for supper?

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Melissa, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Melissa

Melissa member

Well have you used up all of those Thanksgiving leftovers yet? I have noodles that are going to made into soup today and that will be it for me.

Tonight we are having turkey noodle soup, rolls and butter, and banana cream pie for dessert with tea or milk to drink.

2. Grandmotherbear

Grandmotherbear Well-Known Member Supporter

I have frozen 4 large bags of turkey/rice/vegetable soup, about 3 1/2 lbs of roast beef and a quart bag of turkey.
    The "unfrozen" stff still being worked on is about 1 cup of turkey, some dressing and gravy, and most of a pumpkin and a peanut butter pie.
    Grandfatherbear is about turkeyed out so tonight will be one of his favorite dinners- chicken cordon blue, brown rice and a vegetable.

3. MaineFarmMom

MaineFarmMom Columnist, Feature Writer

Turkey soup with carrots, turnip and barley. Oatmeal rolls with butter and pumpkin pie or banana bread cake for dessert.

4. DenverGirlie

DenverGirlie Well-Known Member

Took some "taco soup" out of the freezer on Saturday. Should be good to go for dinner this evening. Will make some corn cakes to go with it and perhaps a salad.

5. manygoatsnmore

manygoatsnmore Well-Known Member Supporter

We have a little turkey left, about enough for sandwiches today. We also have pork chops in mushroom gravy and beef heart in onion gravy, so there is a variety of main dishes to pick from, still have stuffing to go with them, and green peas in the fridge. I think it will be "pot luck" tonight.

With the snow falling, it makes me want to bake, so I'm making bread in the bread machine, and quick breads in the oven today. Banana and pumpkin breads planned so far.

6. MelissaW

MelissaW Well-Known Member

I'm making Sweetcountrygirl's chicken casserole tonight with, what else?, turkey instead of chicken! I got out some chocolate-mint chips with the intention of making cookies, but I don't think its going to happen in the two hours I have left before work!

7. COUNTRY WISHES

COUNTRY WISHES Well-Known Member

Used up the last of my leftovers yesterday. I had some carrot salad left so I cooked it up in some vegetable broth on the stove, added some onion, garlic and some canned turkey and made a soup out of it. Talk about a frugal meal! Dh loved it.

Tonight to celebrate Dh's first day back I am making chicken cutlets in a skillet with onion, garlic, and cabbage and celery. I am also baking sweet potatoes on the side.

8. cowgirlone

cowgirlone Well-Known Member

We are having pork tostadas.
    Pork roast simmered til tender then shredded with onions, jalapenos and seasonings. Served over a crisp fried, flat corn tortilla, topped with cheese, black olives, lettuce, salsa and tomatoes.

I've used up all of my leftover turkey. :)

9. heather

heather Well-Known Member

When I first saw WHAT'S FOR SUPPER, I cracked up!
    Turkey, what else??
    I froze the rest of our leftovers the other day, including mashed potatoes (I use them to make creamed soups) and stuffing.

Tonight is the last of the turkey-noodle soup that dh made on Saturday. Then it's on to something besides poultry for a while!

Today was first day of deer season, so maybe venison is in our future!

10. hmsteader71

hmsteader71 Well-Known Member Supporter

We are having: Deer steak, baked potatoes, salad and homemade bread.

11. Speciallady

Speciallady Well-Known Member

I HAVE NO IDEA :help:

12. kitty32_z8

kitty32_z8 Well-Known Member

cabbage rolls and ?? haven't gotten that far yet.

13. Cindy in NY

Cindy in NY Well-Known Member Supporter

We are getting a bit tired of turkey and Thanksgiving Day leftovers! Since it is fairly warm, I'm doing shish kabobs on the grill with rice.

14. rangercat

rangercat Well-Known Member

Spagetti with homemade sauce and bread. Couldn't stand another day of turkey and the beef roast I took out didn't thaw in time for supper.

15. HeavenHelpMe

HeavenHelpMe Well-Known Member

We didn't have Thanksgiving here, so we don't have leftovers.

So, we are having chicken bbq sandwiches, macaroni and cheese, and some vegetable that I'm trying to decide on. Probably green beans! :baby04:

16. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member Supporter

I made dinner for a friend who needed a hand, and forgot to take care of dinner for us!

I cheated and used the Popeye's $5.99 dinner for two coupon. :rolleyes:

But DH did have the split pea soup I made yesterday for lunch today. Mmmmm! And I processed four quarts besides!

Pony!

17. painterswife

painterswife Sock puppet reinstated Supporter

Turkey enchilada's!

Only enough turkey left for soup now.

Jill

18. boolandk

boolandk Well-Known Member

We either froze or used up our Thanksgiving leftovers. Yesterday I made meatloaf. Tonight I chopped up the leftover meat, called it "meatballs" and made baked spaghetti.

19. moonwolf

moonwolf Well-Known Member

venison liver and onions in gravy
    fresh coleslaw with poppyseed dressing
    steamed cubed rutabagas with cheese sauce

20. MelissaW

MelissaW Well-Known Member

:dance: The turkey is gone...oh happy day! I've got italian sausages out to thaw. I'll serve them with sauce, peppers and onions, on rolls. Haven't decided what else to make yet. I feel like having mashed potatoes even though they don't go with sausage sandwiches very well. I must need comfort food today!