Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Accidental Farmer
14,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Homemade chili------ with home grown maters, and homegrown peppers and home grown garlic and homegrown beans

Homemade cornbread made with fresh ground corn from the grist mill down the road, amish made chedder cheese, home grown corn and home grown jalapenos

there is enough for everybody so come on over, I'll keep it on the stove simmerin' for you late comers.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I am going to have a friend over and grill a couple of T bone steaks and some shrimp on skewers, make some noodles alfredo and tomato salad. No wine tonight though, it's far too hot outside, so I made unsweetened Earl Gray tea and have it in the refrigerator getting good and cold. I didn't plan for dessert, maybe later in the evening we will drive to Sonic and get an ice cream or something after the sun goes down and it's cooler.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Seeing how prices are getting so darn high. We are starting to save more, just in case things go south. So I bought an $8 pork roast yesterday, then came home and cut it in half. Going to make 2 meals out of it now instead of one. Time to cut back on eating. Have the roast smoking on the grill. Adding mash taters and fresh pulled carrots, and I have a loaf of Amish Bread rising on the back of the stove.

·
Accidental Farmer
14,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ed in S. AL said:
Seeing how prices are getting so darn high. We are starting to save more, just in case things go south. So I bought an $8 pork roast yesterday, then came home and cut it in half. Going to make 2 meals out of it now instead of one. Time to cut back on eating. Have the roast smoking on the grill. Adding mash taters and fresh pulled carrots, and I have a loaf of Amish Bread rising on the back of the stove.
prices right now are pretty good, still, i don't believe in tossing away money on too many frivolous things--- rice and beans, chili and homemade soups are a staple in my house. Husband loves it, and it lasts for days for easy meals at work.

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Corn on the cob, green salad and orange chiffon cake with whipped cream and fresh peaches. All but the oranges are local or homegrown and fresh. I had an orange in the fridge.

·
An Ozark Engineer
13,435 Posts
Jambalaya! Peppers, onions and tomatoes from the garden. Some long-grain brown rice, a little wild rice, some sausage and some rabbit. (Home grown rabbit.) The aroma is driving me mad!

NeHi

·
Premium Member
3,891 Posts
Steamed baby beets, sweet corn, and zucchini pancakes with homemade salsa. Big glass of unsweetened iced tea. I love eating fresh from the garden!

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Patty pan squash (from the garden) hollowed out and stuffed with a mixture of hot Italian sausage (from last year's porkers), sweet peppers (stupid peppers in the garden aren't ready yet), mushrooms and onions. Some garlic bread and a glass of vino - good to go...

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
We had birthday cake and icecream. LOL
Then later I made hubby and I fried egg sandwiches.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Leftover ribs and chicken from the weekend. Homemade potato soup, homemade 4 cheese macaroni and cheese, and biscuits.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
beef roast in the crock pot with bbq sauce and my secret "hotness" recipe of canned Ancho chilies in red sauce, pureed and added in. That an garden onions. I'll put that over fluffy white rice.

Then we'll have fresh swiss chard and fresh beets from the garden.

:)

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
sheepish said:
Corn on the cob, green salad and orange chiffon cake with whipped cream and fresh peaches. All but the oranges are local or homegrown and fresh. I had an orange in the fridge.
Oh man, I want some!!!! :dance:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts