Homesteading Forum banner
14141 - 14160 of 14201 Posts

· Premium Member
23,247 Posts
Brekkie was red cabbage, onion, mushrooms, and garlic sauteed in butter, then scrambled eggs and poured it over the top to cook.

Pretty tasty. :)

Supper will be leftover roast beef. Don't know exactly how I'll prep it..

· Premium Member
1,808 Posts
@Alice In TX/MO That looks fantastic. I don't think I have ever considered sourdough in terms of something like crepes. Is it a pronounced flavour? Mind you goat cheeses have stronger flavours in my experience so I suppose sourdough wouldn't stand out quite as much.

As for today, I'm just using up some leftovers for dinner as I won't be home for many meals in the coming week. So, leftover coleslaw, baked beans, a small piece of ham, two carrots so far, which is more than plenty.

· Registered
4,749 Posts
Wedge of cornbread sunk into a tall glass of milk for my morning meal, it was extremely filling.

Dinner is homemade KFC bowls, and probably more cornbread too.

Tomorrow, we will be having more chicken, the place I get my roast chickens from has fried chicken at a discount on Wed.
So all I have to decide on is the sides, I do have a boxed Mac and cheese in the pantry that needs to be used so that’s most likely one of the sides, and I’m thinking some coleslaw would be nice.
Tomorrow we go out for fresh veggies, so the sides could change entirely depending on what I pick up.

I also found a recipe for powdered sugar donut cake…8x8 pan…just small enough to be enough without excessive leftovers…I’m fighting the urge to try it out, but it sure sounds good!
Maybe sometime in the future :)

· Registered
22 Posts
I did a plain old pot of beans baked in the oven today but I did a loaf of sourdough bread that I wasn't really sure about, I am not much on measuring or following directions, my starter is bombproof for hotcakes so I figured what the heck. As with most things I do well, I can probably never do it again but it turned into the greatest loaf of sourdough. I'm so proud of my starter, I started the bread at 9 this morning, it rose reliably all day and baked the final at 6 this evening and it was perfect. Probably a one off but tonight I win. :)

· Premium Member
23,247 Posts
Making cauliflower/ground beef casserole for the first time. Will let you know how it goes over.

· Registered
4,749 Posts
Burgers on the grill tonight, wrapped in a large tortilla instead of a bun. I’m trying the same tortilla recipe that worked so well for me again, I can tuck the toppings in with the burger.
A big salad or a smoothie for lunch today.

I did buy a pineapple yesterday, peeled, chopped and popped half of it into the blender with a little fresh ginger and a touch of honey. Supposedly good as an elixir for a cough too. ( I had an absolute coughing fit yesterday when I walked by plant fertilizers and then some fragranced melting waxes in another store.)
I’m not sure how well or if it really works for coughs, but it was pretty tasty, so maybe another smoothie today with the rest of the pineapple.

14141 - 14160 of 14201 Posts