Homesteading Forum banner
14101 - 14120 of 14201 Posts

· Registered
3,513 Posts
My wife made spaghetti with ground beef and sausage today. I ate that when I got home from work. Plenty of leftovers for the weekend.
For tonights fish fry we went to a place about 30 minutes away that we had eaten breakfast at a few times. We heard the fish fry was good.
I got the baked cod with cheese curds on the side, and a bowl of chicken dumpling soup.
The fish was good, cheese curds fair ( we are cheese curds snobs here in Wisconsin), soup fair after I added a little salt. No salad bar at this place either. I think I’ll stick to breakfast.
Food Tableware Dishware Table Ingredient

· Registered
1,529 Posts
Last night we had turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, dinner rolls, fresh vegetables, pecan pie, and some sort of cheesecake dessert for supper. A friend had made supper.

Today for lunch was lasagna. On my drive home I had to swing by Tony Packos for a couple chili dogs and 3 cabbage rolls. The chili dogs were supper, and the cabbage rolls are in the fridge for a meal tomorrow.

A pic of the Original Packos location in Toledo.

The chili dogs (I forgot to order them with cheese).

One of the three cabbage rolls

Not pictured is the container of pickles and peppers that they gave me on the side.

· Premium Member
3,066 Posts
Made goulash yesterday, which must have been good. DD showed up this A.M. and polished it off for breakfast.....so much for today's left-over meal. :eek:
She's requesting kielbasa, kraut and buttered elbows for lunch. So, I guess that's what I'm having at least for one meal today.
Time will tell if'n there are any left--overs.. :unsure:
If not;ahhhh, guess I've gotta go and check the freezer out......:rolleyes:

· Registered
3,513 Posts
Del Monte Red Grapefruit slices. 15 oz cans. Anyone else addicted? I just ordered my 2nd 12 can case.I put just a
sprinkle of sugar on each spoonful. :love:
I’ve never even seen those. I always have a half gallon of unsweetened grapefruit juice in my fridge. Another bonus to drinking it is my sons won’t touch it, so it lasts a week or two.

· Premium Member
1,808 Posts
Del Monte Red Grapefruit slices. 15 oz cans. Anyone else addicted? I just ordered my 2nd 12 can case.I put just a
sprinkle of sugar on each spoonful. :love:
Love 'em. I get them at Walmart up here, unsweetened in a jar or in individual cups. I also like fresh red grapefruit; come to think of it I don't see the yellow grapefruit, that really need sugar, around much now.

Dinner tonight. My oven works again after some fiddling (no electrical wires were touched).

And now I can bake again, Tonight there is a rack of ribs going into the oven shortly,and I'm going to bake some sweet potatos and parsnips too. I've made up a oil/vinegar/sugar and celery seed coleslaw dressing and will make coleslaw later too. This type of coleslaw stays good for 2-3 days, at least. Any leftover parsnip and potato can become soup tomorrow.

· Registered
4,749 Posts
Those Chili dogs do look good, and I’m not a fan, but I’d give those a try!

Todays dinner is a salad topped with all sorts of extras and roast chicken breast.

I made broth (again), planning on a chicken mushroom and maybe some pasta to bulk it up soup for tomorrow to go with sandwiches for dinner.

I made more ground pork filling for steamed buns, I’m making a whole batch recipe tomorrow so we can freeze at least half of them.

· Registered
320 Posts
Complete flop #3 tonight..... Yeah, I live in the Rocky Mountains, so I probably have no business trying to do Cod Fish right. Tonight was cook attempt #3 and it was just horrible. I've fried, skillet seared and baked and it is all horrible. I'm so pissed.... wasted an hour and half tonight and am now eating a little salad and mac and Cheese. UGH.....

· Registered
3,513 Posts
Complete flop #3 tonight..... Yeah, I live in the Rocky Mountains, so I probably have no business trying to do Cod Fish right. Tonight was cook attempt #3 and it was just horrible. I've fried, skillet seared and baked and it is all horrible. I'm so pissed.... wasted an hour and half tonight and am now eating a little salad and mac and Cheese. UGH.....
Some of the best home made fish I’ve had was at a place I used to stay at when I would pheasant hunt in SW Iowa. The guy would get his skillet of oil hot, drop the fillets in a bowl of egg, then roll them around in cornmeal. Then he’d throw them in the pan for a few minutes. Mmmm

· Registered
4,749 Posts
Micheal’s rice pudding posts made me think of Tapioca pudding, so I’ll be making some today. I have not had that in ages.

We went out yesterday and I looked in the clearance meat bin. I found something labeled Duroc Cowboy chops, seared and then popped into a hot oven, they were delicious. (Looked like a mini tomahawk steak) I will probably never see them again at that store, so I’m glad I tried them.

Yesterdays planned soup and sandwich tonight.

· Registered
1,529 Posts
Tonight was our homemade version of chick-fil-a sandwiches (baked some breaded chicken breasts( Lightly Breaded Chicken Breast Original Fillets - Just BARE Chicken ), put on a brioche bun with mayo, chick-fil-a sauce, and Famous dave's sweet n spicy pickles - link to the pickles, which are awesome Famous Dave’s Sweet n' Spicy Pickle Chips | Famous Products ). We served the sandwiches with tater tots cooked in the air fryer.

Had one of the cabbage rolls I bought the other day, for lunch today.

14101 - 14120 of 14201 Posts