Homesteading Forum banner
13541 - 13560 of 13601 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,971 Posts
Last night was a ham & cheese omelet, even tossed in some cubed potato and red onion just because I could ....
Tonight am thinking about mac & cheese, specially since I have some of a ham steak left from last night's meal... but it's early so time will tell.

Oh, alida about sardine sandwiches - went though high school with a guy who ate sardine and peanut butter sandwiches...
Thought it strange back then and thinking bout it now I think it still strange. o_O :p ;)

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Tonight I found the last two breaded chicken cordon bleu packages in the freezer and we had assorted leftovers to go with. I usually pick them up when there is a sale, but there have been no sales in quite a while. Fingers crossed I’ll see one eventually, they are one of the few frozen convenience foods I actually like.

Tomorrow, a Chicken pot pie with a homemade crust. It will be a challenge, I don’t even remember the last pie crust I’ve made.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Wifey made gyro brats for dinner, I made a can of beans to go with them. That will be leftovers for lunch tomorrow too.
The project house I’m working on is going to keep me busy right now. Tenants moving in in about a month, and I have tons of last minute things left to go that need finishing. So I see a lot of gas station pizza in my future. We’ll see.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Ouch! My sympathies @Alice In TX/MO. That's a lot of milk to lose.

Simple meal tonight,something Mom used to make. You cook some pork or porkchops with sliced white onions, dice while hot and mix with cooked wide egg noodles and a dollop of sour cream and a bit of milk if it's too dry. I added green peas too. I suppose it's a version of beef stroganoff, with pork instead.

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Not much for presentation, haha, but very tasty.
Pie crust is something I’ll have to work on.
I decided to go with hand pies instead of a pot pie and made a scaled down variation of Pioneer Woman’s recipe, my pie crust was a different recipe and was just for one pie crust. I thought I’d only have enough crust for 3 pies…
Wings were made in case I really messed up.
I’m trying her full recipe for both crust and filling and freezing half of the unbaked hand-pies next time.

Food Tableware Ingredient Recipe Dishware

I completely forgot I had leftover pork roast, it was hiding behind a carton in the fridge, so pork fried rice or fried noodles is dinner tomorrow.
Chocolate zucchini cake for later in the evening too.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
This morning I enjoyed my requisite strong black coffee (had a half pot this morning). For lunch today, ended up having a loaded steak bowl from Chipolte (contained rice, sautéed peppers and onions, black beans, tomato salsa, corn salsa, sour cream, lettuce, guacomole, cheese, and steak).

Since we are eating supper late tonight, we ended up making a variation on pigs in a blanket. Instead of hot dogs, we made some with brats that contained cheese, and made others with gouda and apple chicken sausage. Salad was served on the side with homemade ranch dressing (milk, mayo, and ranch dressing powder).
My second youngest wanted chocolate cake for dessert. So there is a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting calling out to whoever wants a slice.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Tonight the air fryer is getting worked out. For supper we are having some crinkle cut fries and some Just bare breaded chicken breast chunks Lightly Breaded Chicken Breast Chunks - Family Pack - Just BARE Chicken (they taste very similar to chick-fil-a nuggets). There is some grapes and also salad being served on the side. For sauces to dip the chicken in, there is honey chipolte bbq, honey mustard, ranch, and chick-fil-a sauce (we try to keep a good variety on hand, lol).

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Well, no gas station pizza so far, as I predicted. Wifey made a pot of chili today, and the lady next door dropped off some home made peanut butter cookies for me. Score!
Tonight is sons football game, so I’ll probably have a brat and popcorn later.
This weekend is our village’s 150th year celebration. So we’ll have food trucks in town Saturday and Sunday. What I eat I’ll play by ear I guess. It’s just going to be busy! If anyone in the area wants to throw baseballs while I’m in the dunk tank, I’ll post the times I’m in there when I find out. Might be a long line, as a lot of locals don’t like the zoning administrator. :)

·
Premium Member
2,971 Posts
For only $937.00 I got my oven fixed....... Bought a (on sale) new stove! Seems that not only the oven unit failed, but the safety valve had a very small leak. Sooo.
Anyway, lunch today was a grilled ham & cheese sandwich and some pickled beets.
The evening meal will be a roast with carrots and potatoes. Hey, gotta try out the oven, don't I? :p

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
I had to have some tests in hospital and couldn't eat for 36 hours - just water. I started craving spinach salad of all things, and that was strange because I don't care much for spinach. So what did I have when I was home and could eat? Campbells Vegetable soup, and toast with butter and aged cheddar - one of our families sure cures for what ails you, and it did.
Today was scrambled eggs and toast for brunch, and I have plans for a chicken stirfry this evening using a green curry sauce for seasoning. Some Mocha icecream "needs" to be finished soon before it goes bad so that'll be dessert later.

13541 - 13560 of 13601 Posts