Homesteading Forum banner
13381 - 13400 of 13440 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Still working on those hamburgers! I had 2 for dinner. I also cut up a cantaloupe that a friend dropped off today. I cut one up last night, and it was gone by the time I came home from work today. I guess the kids liked it!
I also splurged and bought a bag of cherries last night. They aren’t really in season locally yet, so I imagine they are from the west coast somewhere = expensive, but boy are they good!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yesterday morning enjoyed lots of strong black coffee for breakfast. Then cooked some Concecuh sausage with bell pepper and onion for lunch. With most of the family out of town, my 23 Yo and I decided to use a gift card i had received for father' day, and ordered takeaway from a restaurant called Bibibop. Each of us got a bowl. Mine was super greens salad topped with red cabbage, bean sprouts, sesame kale, carrots, scrambled egg slices, cheese, and double steak. A little gochujang sauce drizzled over it all. Made for a healthy meal.
I love Bibibop! My workplace had a retirement luncheon for me, and said I could pick the food, and I chose Bibibop! I like the Tofu there a lot, and also, they have the best Teriyaki sauce I've ever had. They sell bottles of some of their sauces, but not the Teriyaki...bummer.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I love Bibibop! My workplace had a retirement luncheon for me, and said I could pick the food, and I chose Bibibop! I like the Tofu there a lot, and also, they have the best Teriyaki sauce I've ever had. They sell bottles of some of their sauces, but not the Teriyaki...bummer.
Bibibop is definitely in my top 10 favorite restaurants (here is a link for anyone curious BIBIBOP Asian Grill | Build Your Own Bowl Restaurant ). I wonder if they will expand to more states over time (would be nice to see them in even more places than they are currently). Sort of like Melt- it is also an OH restaurant, but would be nice to see it expand to some other states.

As for the sauces at Bibibop - my 23YO loves the yum yum sauce they have. For me, I'm more into the wonderful flavor of gochujang. :)

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
Every bowl on the Bibibop menu looks delicious! None near me yet unfortunately.

Hot dogs for lunch, topped with the works. I think DH has some Dill pickle potato chips stashed somewhere that will go good along with the dogs.
Leftover roast beef for sandwiches tonight, and any odds and ends on the side.

Today I’m picking up more corn and putting kernels in the freezer, a few cobs too for a future corn stock for a corn chowder/soup.
Also freezing parsley from the garden, it did well for a change.
I see lots of ways to freeze it, but I need to conserve space in my freezers, so I’m trying something I hadn’t seen before by chopping and adding about a tablespoon of veg oil and then putting into a ziplock bag and flattening. Break off what you need in recipes. Maybe the oil keeps it from forming a solid block?? We will see.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
At our farmers market they had pulled pork and brats. I opted for the pork. Then had some raspberry white chocolate ice cream in a cone. I washed that down with fresh lemonade with blueberries in it.
Later we’re going out with another couple to the Thirsty Farmer for fish fry.
Hot today, everyone is in a he shade!
Plant Shorts Tree Sky People in nature
Plant Light Tree Green Leaf

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
Pinto beans in the pressure cooker.
I’m determined to use them, so it’s a weekly thing now.
I’m trying out a herby garlic beans recipe.
Garlic, rosemary and thyme with chopped carrots celery and onion for a change just to see if I will like them any better that way.

Salmon on the grill, rice and corn on the cob for dinner.
Zucchini is quite possible too since I’ll be shredding and freezing more today.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
This morning, after getting some coffee into my system - ended up making hash browns, scrambled eggs, and sausage for the family. Below is a picture of my plate. The red stuff on the eggs and hash browns is gochujang sauce. :)

You’re making me hungry!
I bought some thick cut bacon from the farmer at the farmers market that also has the ice cream truck. He sells fresh butchered meats, jerky, beer sticks, ect. So the plan is for BLT’s tonight, as we also have some big ripe tomatoes too.
My sons football team has a cookout after practice today, so I imagine lunch will be hamburgers and brats.
My breakfast is coffee and a banana, as usual. Now to get my lazy butt outside before the mid 90’s temperatures hit, otherwise I won’t get anything done today!

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
We don't have Bibibop up here, but we do have a another chain that sells similar bowls,with plain or purple rice as the base, and there are other Korean restaurants around too. It's just as well I don't have Bibibop close by, I could eat one of those bowls three times a week, maybe more.
Tonight is grilled salmon and asparagus, plus corn on the cob. It's a pretty darn good compromise.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Well temps we’re so high here my son didn’t want to go to the cookout after practice, so we skipped the cookout. I stopped at store and got good beef hot dogs and spicy Italian sausage. I grilled those, then made BLT’s.
Ive never had bad bacon, so it goes without saying they were great!
Food Cervelat Mettwurst Outdoor grill rack & topper Cuisine
Food Recipe Ingredient Animal product Pork

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
I decided to make some chicken stock yesterday in the pressure cooker for todays minestrone soup. I’ll add some of the beans from yesterday and it would probably be enough for a meal, but I’ll also make some chicken nuggets from a bag made in the air fryer for sandwiches.

I want to make some amaretto flavored biscotti, and the sun isn’t blaring today, so using the oven isn’t out of the question.
Maybe a small batch of chocolate chip cookies too, as long as I’m turning it on anyway.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Went to the diner after church. I had my favorite burger, the “Slap it to me” burger. Basically a bacon cheeseburger with pepper Jack and chipotle sauce.
Heading to Dubuque to do some shopping. I suppose dinner will be at some chain we don’t have around here. Probably Chic- fil-a or Arby’s. We’ll cross that bridge when we get there. (literally, the Mississippi!)
Food Tableware Ingredient Sorbetes Recipe

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
Tonight, Roast chicken, instant pot Mac and cheese, broccoli on the side.

Chicken salad with the leftovers for lunch tomorrow, and maybe chicken, tomato and lettuce wraps for the next days lunch if I don’t use all the meat for the chicken salad.
(Maybe I should just buy two chickens with all these plans of mine, chicken fried rice sounds good to me too)

Tomorrow night Grilled Garlic Basil pork chops, foil pack Parmesan butter and herb potatoes, and a salad.

13381 - 13400 of 13440 Posts