Homesteading Forum banner
13361 - 13380 of 13440 Posts

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
45,791 Posts
Nothing cooking today. On Thursday evening, I was eating some incredible chicken alfredo and got a piece of chicken stuck in my throat. It took about a day for it to get unstuck and go down. Luckily, I could breathe and drink liquids.

My esophagus is irritated, swollen, and unwilling to deal with ANYTHING other than liquids.

I've experienced this before, so I'm hoping to be able to swallow food in a couple of days.

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
Nothing cooking today. On Thursday evening, I was eating some incredible chicken alfredo and got a piece of chicken stuck in my throat. It took about a day for it to get unstuck and go down. Luckily, I could breathe and drink liquids.

My esophagus is irritated, swollen, and unwilling to deal with ANYTHING other than liquids.

I've experienced this before, so I'm hoping to be able to swallow food in a couple of days.
That sounds terrible!
I wouldn’t have been able to remain calm and wait it out.
Glad it dislodged for you.

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts

That sounds very painful and I'm glad that that piece of chicken dislodged on it's own. I'm with Doozie on this one, I'm not sure that I could be as calm as you appear to be. I hope that cold drinks are easing the pain.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts

Ugh. I had a small pocket in my esophagus that food would get stuck in. It was the worst feeling when it happened. I actually blacked out a few times, as my body responded as if I were choking, even though breathing was not a problem. Chicken and carrots were the worst. I had to have a procedure to open up my esophagus a while back.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
My wife’s uncle passed a while back, and his funeral was today back in the city of Racine, where he used to live. So my lunch today was great Italian food at a restaurant here after the funeral. I haven’t had good pasta in a long time. Spending the night at my sons house here in the city, so we’ll probably just order pizzas later.
This is a first, in lieu of flowers, my wife’s uncle wanted people to donate to stock the local lake with Walleye. Lord knows he caught enough in his life that they need restocking! His life was fishing.
Font Material property Paper Document Paper product

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
Pulled pork sandwiches, rosemary and garlic potato, corn in the cob for dinner.

I’m topping my sandwich with some corn relish, I tried a different recipe for a refrigerator relish this morning that used way too much celery seed, and I skipped the jalapeño.
I’m hoping it tones down under refrigeration, but at least it didn’t make a ton.

Tomorrow I’m trying an instant pot meat sauce and spinach lasagna made in a springform pan. I’m not sure what we will have on the side yet if anything.

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
Dinner from your neighbours! I agree, they are great people. The food looks good, and so does the picture of your grandson.

Dinner here was made by me today and it wasn't fancy. I just put together a plate of things to nibble on - cucumber, red peppers, a couple types of crackers - a couple plain a couple with pate, cubes of 2 year old white cheddar, walnuts and cherries. That plus a glass of sparkling water from my Sodastream, and a new book to read while out on the balcony was perfect.

·
Premium Member
24,454 Posts
Yesterday's dinner was a couple of jars I opened and popped into the dutch oven: 1 jar beans, 1 jar chicken, 1 jar peppers. I tossed in the leftover cabbage from breakfast. Stirred together, served with tossed salad and buttered crackers.

DH pronounced it "quite tasty."

i am tired this morning. Have to post the reason I'm tired in a thread on Families...

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
On Saturday, we ended up with donut holes for breakfast from one of the local donut shops. Lots of strong coffee for me.
Lunch was a pick your own from items in the fridge.
For supper we ended up with the grill fired up, and burgers, hot dogs, and Italian sausage were grilled. We had sliced tomatoes from the garden and also did some waffle fries in the air fryer for those that wanted fries.
I also pulled some meat from the freezer to thaw for Sunday's supper. The flanken style beef ribs were put into some bulgogi/kalbi style marinade to marinate overnight in the refrigerator.

Sunday morning, my 23 YO cooked bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast.

Sunday afternoon, some potatoes were washed, rubbed with coconut oil, sprinkled with salt, and wrapped in foil. They went in the oven to bake. Then in the evening, the charcoal was prepped in the grill and some T-Bone's that looked more like porterhouse were grilled first. Then the flanken style beef ribs were grilled. The meat was served with baked potatoes topped with butter, cheese, sour cream, and some salt and pepper. Mine was also drizzled with some gochujang. Some fresh berries were also served.

After supper, I ended up picking some more cucumbers and tomatoes from the garden. Then checked the green bean plants to see if they were ready (I had planted them late this year). For a first picking, we got almost a quarter of a plastic grocery bag worth, and there are a bunch that weren't picked that are almost ready. :)

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
Instant pot lasagna is a do again.Browned in the air fryer for a few moments before serving. Half will be frozen for a future dinner.
Food Table Tableware Plate Recipe

I forgot it was Monday sale Chicken day, I ended up getting one for making a casserole of some sort tomorrow and it will work for some hearty sliced chicken breast sandwiches for DH’s lunch for a day or two.

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
I picked up a barely/never used 3 chicken/turkey beer can “keg cooker” from the Goodwill for a grand total of 3.99.

I wanted to see if I could use it as an camp oven to bake bread on the gas burner by removing the can holders. I suppose a big stock pot could have worked just as well with something used as a heat diffuser.
The keg has two flat metal plates that go on the bottom and the top fits tight. I placed the bread pan on a small platform.

It gets the casserole test later on for dinner.

Well, it works, a bit too crispy crusted this time for me Haha.
Thank goodness I checked it at the halfway done mark.
I need to turn down the heat, but I did have a grilled cheese for lunch with the bread.

Furniture Outdoor bench Table Outdoor furniture Outdoor table

Food Tableware Table Ingredient Recipe

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Last night we had nachos, topped with a couple types of cheese, taco beef, tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, and taco sauce. For my kids that don't like nachos - I took some of the ground beef and fried up some burgers for them.

This morning - I had a few cups of strong black coffee. For lunch, air fried some tater tots at the request of my kids, and also used some more ground beef to serve the tater tots with burgers (I enjoyed the burger - but now want a nap, lol).

Supper tonight is still undecided. I do have some ground beef left in the fridge. If it isn't used for supper it will be wrapped up and added to my stash in the freezer (gotta love the big packs of ground beef from costco).At this point - I'm craving a salad for supper - but will have to see what ends up being made. :)

13361 - 13380 of 13440 Posts