Homesteading Forum banner
13341 - 13360 of 13440 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I finally made my cake, and quickly froze half of it, it was only a 9x9 pan, but I’m afraid we (me) might make it disappear overnight. You’d never know there was zucchini in it.

Chicken salad sandwiches tonight with assorted leftovers.

A cucumber onion salad in oil and vinegar, a summertime favorite, and it just gets better as the flavors meld together.

Now I want bacon :)
doozie - maybe chicken salad sandwiches topped with bacon? I know I definitely like them that way. Kind of a hybrid club sandwich, chicken salad, bacon, lettuce, and tomato. :)

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Wifey made spaghetti today, so I had a big heapin’ helpin’ of her hospitality right when I got home from work.
Tonight I made some taquitos in the air frier, then dumped some extra hot salsa over them. I bought it at the village gas station. Some mom and pop small batch kinda local company, thatI had never heard of. But it’s got to be good, it’s made in Iowa! Mmmm…Iowa salsa!

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Tonight the next town over has their American Legion burger night. Burgers are better and bigger than our towns. I had 2, and plastered all the toppings on that they provided. Yeah, there’s actually big patties under those toppings!
Usually they have it in a park on the main highway through town, so a lot of people stop just because they see it. They took the pavilion down last week to build a bigger one, so they decided to have it at the park right on the Wisconsin river. I actually like this place a lot better! More shade, beautiful view of the river and boat launch,and more open, so you get a breeze!
Shorts Water Sky Body of water Leisure
Food Ingredient Bun Recipe Cuisine

·
Premium Member
24,454 Posts
Experimenting with cheddar cheese recipes. I think I just about have the cheddaring process down. Time will tell, because it has to age.

I was in a fun mood at lunch time, so I made shrimp toast. DH enjoyed it very much. :)

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
I took what I thought was a hunk of pork for a pork pot roast out of the freezer last night. Turns out we are having some pork ribs tonight instead, said so right on the label.

I’m going to try and spiralize a sweet potato just for kicks and cook it in a foil pack on the grill alongside. Garlic bread for a change on the side too.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Yesterday morning enjoyed lots of strong black coffee for breakfast. Then cooked some Concecuh sausage with bell pepper and onion for lunch. With most of the family out of town, my 23 Yo and I decided to use a gift card i had received for father' day, and ordered takeaway from a restaurant called Bibibop. Each of us got a bowl. Mine was super greens salad topped with red cabbage, bean sprouts, sesame kale, carrots, scrambled egg slices, cheese, and double steak. A little gochujang sauce drizzled over it all. Made for a healthy meal.

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
Pizzas tonight, topped with the usual and first little green pepper from the garden, I might even prepare some zucchini to go on half of mine without being too watery (I hope.)

Cookies today too. Just 12.

·
Premium Member
24,454 Posts
Had a LOT of chicken wings, so today's lunch was Buffalo wings and sliced tomatoes. :)

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Like always I’m at my village’s farmers market till we close at 6:30. I had a pulled pork sandwich, which didn’t last long enough to take a picture of. The ice cream guy sells random local and home made items. I couldn’t resist his home made rhubarb crisp. I also stocked up on cheese spread. We let the local Girl Scout troop use half our tables to set up camp and sell.
Plant Grass Font Groundcover Gas
Food Ingredient Recipe Fast food Dish
Food Plant Natural foods Selling Table
Cloud Plant Tent Tree Sky

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Last night made a type of beef stew and put some large dumplings on top like grandma used to do (different than the dumplings used in chicken and dumplings - these puff up like a biscuit and are on top of the stew).

Today, had some leftover stew for breakfast, along with my usual dose of strong black bean juice (coffee).
My wife and kids made it home, so by request I made sloppy joes and cole slaw.

Cookies were baked for dessert.

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
I found some vindaloo lamb in the freezer and had that for dinner tonight. I added some pre-cooked potatos that were in 1/2" cubes to the mix to turn it into something more like a stew, reheated very slowly. A few days ago Doozie mentioned a cucumber/onion salad and that was on my mind, so I made some. I ate some of that with the stew and it helped cut the richness of the lamb nicely. Dessert was some coffee/chocolate ice cream.

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
Tonight Chicken breast sliced for sandwiches on sour dough buns.
The sweet corn stand is open so I’m picking up enough for tonight and I’m going to make corn relish today or tomorrow.

We once went to a very classy restaurant and their idea of asparagus on the side was one thin measly spear.
I have exactly one green bean that was ready in the garden, I think I’ll place it on DH plate tonight to see if he remembers.

·
Premium Member
24,454 Posts
Thanks for reminding me. I have to get out to the bean patch, after I run a very special errand today.

13341 - 13360 of 13440 Posts