Homesteading Forum banner
12981 - 13000 of 13060 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Last night was leftovers night. Woot woot. Most of the leftovers are out of the fridge now. :D

Breakfast is something Drake will like - hot, black coffee and a slice of toast with peanut butter. :) Lunch today will be some killer hot Italian sausage (need to get them cooked up so I can take them in my lunch). Today's supper is undecided.

·
Registered
14,383 Posts
I planned on skipping breakfast but I discovered a loose piglet visiting the chickens, and rather than spending my usual 10 minutes serving out feed and fresh water and returning to the house, I was chasing and trying to corner a sprite 40lb hog in his home environment, mud.
I caught the little bugger, put him in his pen with his sisters, where he immediately bolted over to and thru the hole in the fence he discovered earlier. At that point I surrendered him to his mother, where he wanted to be anyway and walked into the garage to change out of soaking wet and manure soaked clothes.
4 scrambled eggs, fried baloney, toast with pumpkin butter and a tall glass of apple juice will be my restart to this wonderful Friday.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I planned on skipping breakfast but I discovered a loose piglet visiting the chickens, and rather than spending my usual 10 minutes serving out feed and fresh water and returning to the house, I was chasing and trying to corner a sprite 40lb hog in his home environment, mud.
I caught the little bugger, put him in his pen with his sisters, where he immediately bolted over to and thru the hole in the fence he discovered earlier. At that point I surrendered him to his mother, where he wanted to be anyway and walked into the garage to change out of soaking wet and manure soaked clothes.
4 scrambled eggs, fried baloney, toast with pumpkin butter and a tall glass of apple juice will be my restart to this wonderful Friday.
As I read, I figured you were going to say you decided to have bacon for breakfast.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Last night was leftovers night. Woot woot. Most of the leftovers are out of the fridge now. :D

Breakfast is something Drake will like - hot, black coffee and a slice of toast with peanut butter. :) Lunch today will be some killer hot Italian sausage (need to get them cooked up so I can take them in my lunch). Today's supper is undecided.
As long as it’s black coffee!

·
Registered
14,383 Posts
As I read, I figured you were going to say you decided to have bacon for breakfast.
Lol, she won't be ready until Spring. I rotate weiners into their own pen, then separate by sex after a few months. Since she prefers the company of her mother this morning and is trying to get in to be with her, I have heard intermittent squeals as she learns what poly wire is for.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I agree.
I was in automotive tech school back when I was 18. I had this old guy in my class that drank his coffee black. I remember him telling me one day “If you drink black coffee for a week, you’ll never go back to cream or sugar again”. I had always added at least sugar in mine up till then. Well I tried it, and he was right. I absolutely can’t stand even a pinch of sugar in my coffee to this day.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I’m using the crock pot for meatballs and sauce this morning. I have been so tired from recent spring yard work and clean up, leftovers have never looked so good!
They are all gone, so it’s Spaghetti and meatballs tonight. Probably Chili in the crock tomorrow.
Sounds similar to what my kids requested for supper last night. Ended up cooking spaghetti and sauce, cooked a pound of bulk Italian sausage for those that wanted to put some with their spaghetti and sauce, and made some garlic bread. To many carbs for me - but it did taste good.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Well wife is out of town still, so figured I’d change up our fish fry, at my sons request. I had just picked up my 10YO at baseball practice, and the 3 of us were really hungry. Instead of going to that usual place, about 10 miles farther away, we went to a place right up the road from my kids school.
We go to this bar for their 10” tall burgers usually, but the do a fish fry on Fridays, and have a large salad bar. Eh, they were out of Pollak, and their salad bar ingredients didn’t look nearly as fresh as our usual place. Our usual place is also $3 cheaper at $9.99 for 2 piece cod and salad bar.
Food Tableware Ingredient Dishware Recipe
Food Tableware Ingredient Recipe Plate

·
Premium Member
1,614 Posts
I tried baking a pea meal bacon roast for the first time. It turned out very well and I’ll use it like ham for the next week. I used the liquid in the baking pan to cook red lentils, and they turned out well too - though they are missing something. I’m used to yellow or green lentils cooked with Indian spicing. I may flavour the leftover lentils with some of those spices, or add it to soup. Side of tomato’s,,/and whole grain mustard with the bacon.
Food Tableware Ingredient Recipe Dishware

12981 - 13000 of 13060 Posts