Homesteading Forum banner
12961 - 12980 of 13060 Posts

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Whole chicken breast roast, stuffing with diced veggies added, and I want to try and make a little spinach soufflé, I have not made one in ages, I don’t know if they even sell the Stouffers brand in the frozen grocery section anymore, but I’m having a craving and have spinach on hand.

Tomorrow we are having Gyros from a little drive through stand while out and about. I’m actually looking forward to it, they are very filling.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Drake - my 12 year old eats "salad" the same way - lettuce and ranch dressing. Now with that said, he will eat a salad and then a good sized burger with it. :D

Now those biscuits and gravy with the eggs, cheese, and sausage are calling to me. Those look Delicious!
That’s more like it! This kid is the opposite of his older brother though. He’ll have 1 piece of pizza when we get pizza. He love his raw veggies though. That’s a good thing.
My 14 YO had a toasted ham and cheese sandwich, a bacon cheeseburger, two orders of garlic cheese curds, and a piece of pie. I guess it balances out. :)
The waitress was especially testy yesterday too. The place was packed, so we were sitting at the counter surrounded by old people who just got out of church also. I told the waitress I wouldn’t leave a tip unless she smiled. She waited until the ladies weren’t looking and flipped me the bird. :)
I’m like family there.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Well the food wasn't that great, They had brisket that was way over cooked, scalloped potatoes that needed more cooking time, the BBQ pork was dry, the jalapeno poppers were good and so was the salads. The other time this woman catered a party we were at the food was good. Guess it was one of those days. The Modelo Negra was nice and cold. The music was outstanding. All in all a good evening was had by all.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Dinner last night was bowtie pasta. We cooked down some Sun dried tomatoes, Cherry Tomatoes chopped up, sliced garlic, oregano and lot of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. We mixed that with the pasta and put freshly grated parmesan cheese over it. We had a salad that had beets, garbanzo beans, Mexican chícharos peas (like green peas but firm) and tossed that with a balsamic vinaigrette. We had some whole wheat rustic that we dipped in olive oil dip.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Ribeyes we’re on sale at the supermarket, so I picked up a couple. If I actually PLANNED my meals instead of winging it, I could just pull a couple out of the freezer, already paid for,but…..
Anyway,they were kind of thin, so I was careful not
Food Ingredient Recipe Cake Cuisine
overcook them. They came out perfect actually. When I grilled a T bone the other day, my 10 YO wanted the whole thing, so I bought 2 this time. He almost finished his, and I had no problem eating what he didn’t.

12961 - 12980 of 13060 Posts