Homesteading Forum banner
12601 - 12620 of 12633 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I have goat skirt steak in the pressure cooker. Seasoned it with a packet of onion soup mix, threw in a few ribs of celery and some dehydrated mushrooms.

But I still don't know how I am going to prep it for supper. Add some "south of the border" seasonings and serve with tortillas? Throw in some spuds and carrots for a pot-roast type meal?

BBQ? Heck, I'm having trouble making a decision.

Ideas, anyone?
How about both? Spuds and carrots added, along with some "south of the border" seasonings? Then serve with tortillas, and eat a bunch. :D

·
STILL not Alice
22,646 Posts
How about both? Spuds and carrots added, along with some "south of the border" seasonings? Then serve with tortillas, and eat a bunch. :D
Spuds AND tortillas? Dude, we're trying to cut back on carbs!

But oh, how comforting to have all those carbs.... ;)

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Tuesday night we ended up having Swedish meatballs for supper.

I had leftovers for lunch yesterday. For last night, we ended up having some chicken in the air fryer and the kids wanted some crinkle cut fries as well. We had some fresh fruit and veg on the side.

Tonight - supper will be whatever gets put together quick, as it is a busy evening.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Tuesday night we ended up having Swedish meatballs for supper.

I had leftovers for lunch yesterday. For last night, we ended up having some chicken in the air fryer and the kids wanted some crinkle cut fries as well. We had some fresh fruit and veg on the side.

Tonight - supper will be whatever gets put together quick, as it is a busy evening.
Talk about busy, I’m so busy I’ve been living on gas station pizza. 2 boys in multiple sports is fun, but very time consuming. :)

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
We had to take a friend into Merida today for special treatment she has to get every week,. So while she was getting that done I went to the bank and waited an hour to get some money out.....whew! After that we went to Hennessey's Irish Pub and had lunch. We split an order of Fish and Chips and also an order of Duck Confit. We both had 2 Patito IPA's.

As of right now we aren't hungry but have leftovers from last nights meal.

·
STILL not Alice
22,646 Posts
We had to take a friend into Merida today for special treatment she has to get every week,. So while she was getting that done I went to the bank and waited an hour to get some money out.....whew! After that we went to Hennessey's Irish Pub and had lunch. We split an order of Fish and Chips and also an order of Duck Confit. We both had 2 Patito IPA's.

As of right now we aren't hungry but have leftovers from last nights meal.
Why did it take an hour to get your money? Did they have to print it?

Mmm.... duck confit! I want to learn to make that. Still have a couple of ducks in the freezer.

·
STILL not Alice
22,646 Posts
I am thinking that I want to learn to make tortillas. Bought a bag of masa harina.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
67drake - muleskinners stew does look good, and you have a nice looking salad too. :)

Last night for supper, my youngest son requested burgers - so we cooked some burgers. I added some extra protein and fat to mine. A burger with extra cheese, bacon, guacamole, fried egg (fried in burger grease), mayo, ketchup, mustard, pickles, lettuce and tomato - all on a brioche bun (the bun was more carbs than I needed - but well, I only had one so it was moderation, lol).(now for some pics to make you hungry).

Today for lunch I had a simple salad of lettuce and tomato, that was topped with green goddess dressing.

Supper tonight is some roast beef and jalapeno poppers.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Leftover pizza for lunch

Minute steak, onions and marinated mushrooms in a pan over rice.
I'm trying to use up various things in the pantry that looked good at the time I bought them.
Marinated mushrooms will never come home with me again, haha...

I want to try and restock the freezer and pantry with all new this fall.
My minute steak was vacuum sealed in 2017. I do love how well the sealer works.

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
I started making several things to eat over the next few days. Dinner was spaghetti with meat sauce with a salad before hand. Fresh grated parmesan cheese on top of both dishes. I'm pretty sure that tomorrows dinner will include chicken BUT after reading several posts, and seeing pictures, I'm leaning towards wanting a hamburger instead.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Why did it take an hour to get your money? Did they have to print it?

Mmm.... duck confit! I want to learn to make that. Still have a couple of ducks in the freezer.
The bank only had one teller and I went at the wrong time of the day. I always try to avoid the lunch hour. The duck confit was delicious. You might want to check this recipe out.

12601 - 12620 of 12633 Posts