Homesteading Forum banner
12581 - 12600 of 12633 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Sunday's supper was pork roast and gravy, mashed sweet potatoes, fruit and quinoa salad, and potato salad. Also at the meal there were also dinner rolls, dutch apple pie, and chocolate cream pie topped with meringue.

For today - the ground beef wasn't completely thawed this evening (took it out of the freezer to late), so tonight we ended up cooking some pizza. The ground beef will be used for tomorrow's meal.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
A loaf of no knead bread is almost ready to pop into the oven this morning, I prepared the dough last night.
I'm making a pinto bean stew in the pressure cooker today, I soaked the beans overnight.
I've tried using the pressure cooker fast soak/no soak method, but it does not seem to work well for me.
I'm trying to use less meat, and trying to learn to love beans and lentils... but there still might be a hamburger patty on the side for DH tonight too.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Last nights supper was a spiral ham with a peach jelly glaze coated with a nice coating of apple wood creosote. Yummy by itself but the smoked corn on the cob and mashed taters really hit the spot!
Peach Jelly glaze does sound good on apple wood smoked ham. How do you make your peach jelly glaze?

Back in 2019 (hard to believe it has been that long), I did a smoked ham with a glaze made from bourbon barrel aged maple syrup, brown sugar, and butter. It was smoked using hickory and apple wood. The folks at work enjoyed that Christmas party. :D

·
Premium Member
43,636 Posts
Peach Jelly glaze does sound good on apple wood smoked ham. How do you make your peach jelly glaze?

Back in 2019 (hard to believe it has been that long), I did a smoked ham with a glaze made from bourbon barrel aged maple syrup, brown sugar, and butter. It was smoked using hickory and apple wood. The folks at work enjoyed that Christmas party. :D
It was super easy for me. Our boy did the whole thing! I asked him how/what he used. Peach jelly, bbq sauce, brown sugar, chili powder, crushed red pepper, onion powder, have no idea as to quantities. Sure is good though.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
It was super easy for me. Our boy did the whole thing! I asked him how/what he used. Peach jelly, bbq sauce, brown sugar, chili powder, crushed red pepper, onion powder, have no idea as to quantities. Sure is good though.
Thanks. I should be able to come up with something based on the ingredients. Might not taste exactly like the one you enjoyed - but based on the ingredient list, should be able to make something that tastes good. :)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I made some Thai curries chicken with mushrooms. The sauce was green curry paste, coconut milk, a couple chilies and some kefir leaves. The rice is actually rice shaped konjac, few calories or carbs. It’s not bad once it’s well rinsed.
View attachment 104424
That looks very good!
Wifey and I dropped our youngest off at wrestling practice, then came here to a bar to eat and kill time till practice is over. I got the pulled pork and cheddar sandwich, and got salad bar. I’ve had better, but what do you expect for a sleepy bar in this kind of town.
Food Ingredient Bun Recipe Fast food

·
STILL not Alice
22,646 Posts
I have goat skirt steak in the pressure cooker. Seasoned it with a packet of onion soup mix, threw in a few ribs of celery and some dehydrated mushrooms.

But I still don't know how I am going to prep it for supper. Add some "south of the border" seasonings and serve with tortillas? Throw in some spuds and carrots for a pot-roast type meal?

BBQ? Heck, I'm having trouble making a decision.

Ideas, anyone?

12581 - 12600 of 12633 Posts