Homesteading Forum banner
12561 - 12580 of 12633 Posts

·
STILL not Alice
22,646 Posts
View attachment 104236 It just a spice mix packet. Add chicken onion and peanuts. The packet makes a sauce
I'll look to see if this is at the store, just for days when I may be wanting something nice, but not wanting to assemble ingredients myself. :)

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Dang, I wish I could cook some of this stuff. I stick with basics usually.
That spicy chicken sounds awesome, unfortunately nobody else in my house likes spicy besides me, so I’m not going to go through the trouble for myself. :)

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Dang, I wish I could cook some of this stuff. I stick with basics usually.
That spicy chicken sounds awesome, unfortunately nobody else in my house likes spicy besides me, so I’m not going to go through the trouble for myself. :)
My family isn't into spicy like I am (except my oldest who is in the military). My second oldest eats spicy (but not as spicy as me). Usually when I cook a spicy dish - it is for me -and I cook something less spicy for the rest of the family.

As for tonight - I got a special at a restaurant called Bibibop. For today only they had $5 bowls. So I went and got into line for some Korean Fusion. :D They ran out of steak before I got to order, so I ended up getting Japchae noodles, super greens salad, egg, red cabbage, sesame kale, kimchi, cheese, chicken, and spicy chicken. I had it topped with some gochujang sauce. Also picked up a second bowl (without sauce) for lunch tomorrow. I have gochujang here, so figured I'll put it on when I'm ready to eat that bowl.

The rest of the family said no! when I suggested ordering bowls for them for their supper They asked if I could make broccoli cheese soup instead - which I agreed to.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Well, lots of running today. One son had wrestling practice, younger son had wrestling and basketball practice, at different times, of course. Then I had a meeting at 7pm. So, it’s dig something out of the freezer night.
I had been looking for an excuse to try this on something. I bought a whole box full of random treats for my wife for Christmas, from this place. I was thinking spicy and chicken, so pulled some frozen spicy chicken patties out of the freezer. I spread this sauce on them after air frying. Pretty good!
I also love buying my wife gifts that I can use myself. :)
Ingredient Wood Drinkware Mason jar Glass bottle

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Yesterday we had bacon wrapped porkchops, side of applesauce for me, baked beans, steamed rice, and a can of seasoned corn.

Tonight is chicken tenders, leftover rice and fresh veggies in a skillet similar to fried rice.

Tomorrow is brat links and spuds in a skillet, I'm not sure what else to go with.

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
Food Tableware Ingredient Broccoli Recipe

I made a pot roast today which will give me leftovers for awhile. Some time ago I bought a big container of mixed dried mushrooms from Costco. I rehydrated a handful and added them to the pot. Those are the dark pieces in my bowl. The juices made fantastic gravy so I had to make mashed potato’s too. I could eat pot roast every week.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
@67drake . I'm curious, what is the flavour of the sauce on that burrito. I agree, that's pretty big for a "regular" burrito.
They call it cheese. They asked if I wanted cheese on top, and I said matter of fact give me extra cheese. They also put it on top of their chimichangas. I don’t know what else it’s called, but kind of the consistency of that nacho cheese they give you with pretzels. It’s kind of a mild flavor. Maybe someone here knows it’s name?

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
I made a very flavorful lentil soup to go with dinner yesterday.

I also made burger buns that for some reason remind us of biscuits, I did futz with the recipe so maybe that explains it.

Tonight is leftovers from the brat skillet meal, 3 brats are somehow stretching into an extra dinner.

Tomorrow is a Salmon Newberg over "biscuits"

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Last night we had friends over and grilled a beef tenderloin, a Dutch Oven filled with potatoes and onions with lots of butter, sautéed green beans, garlic butter smeared all over some tortas we had on hand. Red and White wine was served with dinner. I had a Cuba Libre which was refreshing while the meat was grilling.

12561 - 12580 of 12633 Posts