Homesteading Forum banner
12341 - 12360 of 12398 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yesterday, we went out to dinner for a family members birthday. The restaurant is on a lake, so we had dinner and a view. The restaurant was having a shrimp festival, so I had coconut shrimp and fried fish.

Today it was a rainy, blah day. I always crave soup on rainy days, so I made chicken noodle soup for dinner. Some of the family had ham sandwiches to go with it.

·
STILL not Alice
21,688 Posts
Tonight we had pepperoni and sausage pizza. It was a quick meal before going to see Jeff Dunham. It was good to finally get to go to a show that has been postponed almost 2 years (ticketmaster let us know when it was rescheduled) The entire show had me laughing. Now to try to wind down some before heading to bed.
How is Jeff Dunham these days? He got kind of brittle after the divorce, and we stopped following him.

Sounds like he may be better now, if he had you in stitches for the whole show!

Yeah, my like was more for you seeing Jeff Dunham (DOT com!) than for the pizza.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
I'm making a big roasted turban squash tonight, I've never had one before, I'm assuming most winter squash Is similar in taste so we will probably like it. I have not decided what we will have to go with it yet.
I think I'll roast some of the seeds.
I've never been a past fan of sunflower or pumpkin seeds, but I tried some roasted salted Pepitas from Aldis on a whim and really enjoyed them, so I'll give it a try.

I also want to try and make a seeded bread with sunflower seeds as an ingredient. I'm not sure if it will happen today.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
How is Jeff Dunham these days? He got kind of brittle after the divorce, and we stopped following him.

Sounds like he may be better now, if he had you in stitches for the whole show!

Yeah, my like was more for you seeing Jeff Dunham (DOT com!) than for the pizza.
@Pony He seems to be doing good, he started out the show with some comedy and discussion about him, his wife and their twin sons, and about how things were during the pandemic. Then he started the act with Walter pretending to be Biden, then Bubba J, followed by Achmed, then his new character URL (pronounced Earl), and he finished up the show with Peanut and had a few minutes with both Peanut and Jose Jalapeno on a stick.

The pizza - it was a quick (enough) meal to throw together and cook at home.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I had leftover chicken Alfredo for lunch, along with some grapes.
My wife made some beef stew for dinner. Ground beef, cabbage, potatoes, corn, carrots, a few kind of beans. Probably forgetting a few things. Anyway it turned out great. No fish fry tonight as she is going to a “girls night out “ with a few friends for Mexican food.
So tomorrow I’ll probably drop into my favorite diner for lunch, with a side of harassment.

·
STILL not Alice
21,688 Posts
I made oven-fried chicken today, along with buttered butternut squash, and green beans. :)

·
STILL not Alice
21,688 Posts
Picked up a turkey yesterday for .79 per pound, with $30 purchase. With the great sales on canned goods and other items, getting $30 worth of product was easy peasy.

Best part is that the weekly mailer said that the turkey was .89 per pound, but the store said it was 10 cents cheaper.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Tonight is deep fried battered chicken tenders, they are soaking in Buttermilk now.
Coleslaw was made this morning, and also some tots and onion rings for dinner.

Tomorrow we are making a pizza or two.
Tues. and Wed. are up for grabs, probably soup or a hearty stew and sandwiches.

DH and I decided to just make a roasted chicken for Thanksgiving. We are going with this and with all the sides I'm plannng, and a pumpkin pie, we should have plenty leftover for Friday+

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
My wife took some more freezer beef out today. I had taken a pack of Polish sausage out yesterday, so grill time.
It was 25 degrees or so outside when grilling, so I need to extend my grill time I guess,as they looked done, but came out pretty rare, even for me, and I like them med-rare. It’s a learning curve now that the cold weather is here again.
Food Tableware Knackwurst Ingredient Bockwurst

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
My wife took some more freezer beef out today. I had taken a pack of Polish sausage out yesterday, so grill time.
It was 25 degrees or so outside when grilling, so I need to extend my grill time I guess,as they looked done, but came out pretty rare, even for me, and I like them med-rare. It’s a learning curve now that the cold weather is here again. View attachment 102473
Drake - they look delicious to me. :)

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Last night was Mexican night. So some chorizo nachos were made.

Tonight was an eclectic mix of items, but that is because I wanted to make sure to have some leftovers for lunches this week (and to make sure they are eaten up to free up some room for any Thanksgiving day leftovers). So tonight I cooked up a batch of keto chili, a package of Italian Sausage, some chicken legs, and a couple of stuffed chicken breasts. The stuffed chicken breasts were supper for my youngest. My next two youngest were cleaning up on chicken legs (cooked in the oven with some McCormicks smokehouse maple seasoning, and a sprinkle of Tony Chachere's cajun seasoning). My wife had a bowl of chili and I ate some chili and Italian Sausage. At least there is some chili and Italian sausages left for lunch for tomorrow and Wednesday.

As for tomorrow nights supper - I'm already trying to think of what should be made. :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Today is my son's first birthday! I made an Icebox Cake so I could control the sweetness, and it would be nice and soft for him. He loves whipped cream, so the cake with homemade vanilla whipped cream was a huge hit! He gets to celebrate his birthday all week. We are going to Thanksgiving at my side of the family, where he will celebrate with them. Then we are hosting a second Thanksgiving for DH's family on Saturday with another Icebox cake. Spoiled boy 🥰

Food Cake decorating Cake Cake decorating supply Baked goods

12341 - 12360 of 12398 Posts